Director of Human Resources and Finance
Company: Michigan Radio
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 4, 2021
- Search Jobs
- Choose Michigan
- Temporary Employment
- Career Development
- Help and FAQ How to Apply In addition to your resume, please
submit a cover letter where, in two pages or less, you describe
your interest in the role and how it aligns with your career goals.
Your submissions will be used to assess writing skills during the
initial screening process. (Note that the system only allows for
one single file attachment). Job Summary Michigan Radio, NPR's
largest member station in the state, covers the big stories, but
also tries to focus on what other news outlets have not. We have
produced projects like the Peabody-winning podcast Believed, and
nationally recognized coverage of the Flint Water Crisis. Come join
our team! For more information, visit www.michiganradio.org As the
Director of Human Resources and Finance, you will lead the finance
and human resource functions for us including building strategic,
long-term programs in those main functions. You have oversight for
all HR-related programs, budgeting, and financial reporting
following station and University policies and government
regulations including the Federal Communications Commission and the
Corporation for Public Broadcasting. You will be a member of the
senior management team, and will report directly to the General
Manager of Michigan Radio. You will lead the business office,
managing and supervising 5 professional and administrative staff.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are cornerstones for this position
and the initiatives it supports. Responsibilities* Human Resources:
- Be a strategic advisor and functional expert to support all
areas of the employee life cycle experience.
- Analyze operations and make recommendations for areas of
reorganization, workforce planning, or outsourcing.
- Use HR data to support decision-making about issues that impact
employee or organization-wide effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory
changes, and new technologies in human resources, inclusive
practices, and employment law; apply this knowledge to evolve
practices and implement those changes.
- Make recommendations for and implement the annual compensation
plan, equity review process and non-financial recognition of
- Coach supervisors and individual contributors on strategies for
building positive work relationships and engagement.
- Ensure we are compliant with federal, state, and local
employment laws and regulations.
- Work with teams to develop annual operating budgets and
operationalize ongoing forecasting.
- Use strategic planning outputs to recommend solutions and
- Plan for long-range financial stability to align with
programming and operational needs.
- Establish financial practices and systems to manage revenue and
- Manage the entire financial reporting function for the
department while following GAAP, GASB and non-profit
- Lead the team in completing the annual audit. General:
- Lead and implement processes, training, projects, and feedback
- Manage change within the organization including communication
- Develop relationships within the department and across U of M
to support these programs.
- Be an escalation point for any issues related to financial,
payroll, human resources and purchasing activities.
- Create and communicate guidelines for the department related to
internal controls, compliance and documentation. Required
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Finance or Nonprofit Management or an equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative
responsibilities focused on financial and human resources in a
medium sized organization.
- 3+ years supervising and managing professional staff.
- Applied experience translating organizational strategy into
people-related initiatives and measuring outcomes.
- Knowledge of anti-racism and inclusive organization
- Knowledge of GAAP and GASB standards as they relate to
non-profits or government entities.
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in budgeting,
financial reporting and administration of grants and
- Proficient in financial and HR management systems.
- Applied experience with data analytics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (can perform complex
functions in Excel), Google Collaboration tools or related
software. Additional Information In addition to a career filled
with purpose and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a
comprehensive benefits package to help you stay well, protect
yourself and your family and plan for a secure future. Benefits
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching
contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
expenses Application Deadline Job openings are posted for a minimum
of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may--begin
as early as the eighth day after posting.--This--opening may be
removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum
posting period has ended. U-M EEO/AA Statement The University of
Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
- Job Opening ID 194934
- Working Title Director of Human Resources and Finance
- Job Title Business Administrator Lead Work Location
- Full/Part Time Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary Regular
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Organizational Group Mpm Radio
- Department Michigan Radio
- Posting Begin/End Date 3/04/2021 - 3/25/2021
- Salary $95,000.00 - $120,000.00
- Career Interests Administration
Communications & Marketing
Keywords: Michigan Radio, Ann Arbor , Director of Human Resources and Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!