ADMIN ASST (TEMP)
Company: College Engineering
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 16, 2020
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and
should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover
letter should address your specific interest in the position and
outline skills and experience that directly relate to this
Integrative Systems + Design (ISD) is an innovative academic unit
in the College of Engineering (CoE) that is dedicated to educating
leaders who can think transformatively and create lasting value in
the workplace and society. By integrating the depth and breadth of
intellectual resources across CoE and the University, ISD offers
uncommon educational opportunities through its multiple
interdisciplinary graduate degrees. These opportunities are offered
on campus as well as through collaborative online learning
environments that allow for globally diverse and non-traditional
student engagement. ISD has been consistently ranked among the top
tier-one universities in the United States for best online
This is a temporary position - 40 hours per week for an estimated
period of 3-4 months.
Administrative Support for ISD Chair and Leadership
- Exercise a high level of initiative, independent judgement,
diplomacy and discretion regarding sensitive and confidential
- Assist the Chair with scheduling of appointments and provide
regular updates on upcoming scheduled events.
- Coordinate meeting logistics for the Chair or leadership team
such as participant attendance, room reservations, tech support,
agendas, action items, materials preparation, catering, signage,
greeting, etc.Academic and Faculty Support
- Assist the ISD HR Generalist with faculty review, recruitment
and appointment activities.
- Assist with implementing the selection and assignment of GSI
positions for courses.
- Provide general administrative support for faculty and
committees.Coordination of Special Projects and Activities
- Provide project coordination and logistical support for ISD
activities and seminar series.
- Assist in managing event logistics such as: room reservations,
audio/visual, tech support, materials preparation, catering,
signage, itineraries, displays, special needs requirements, PR,
event debrief and assessment, follow-up actions, etc.
- Assist with special projects as needed.Overall ISD Support
- Serve as primary responder for general inquiries, providing
information, making referrals, greeting and assisting visitors,
- Assist with handling and reviewing incoming and out-going
- Assist in the information gathering, preparation, and
distribution of various reports.
- Assist in overseeing the physical appearance of the department
space to ensure a welcoming and professional environment.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, or an equivalent
combination of education and related experience may be
- Minimum of 5 years of related administrative experience in
highly responsible positions providing support to senior
management, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated strong ability to exercise professionalism, handle
confidential or sensitive information, and use sound judgement,
diplomacy, and discretion in all actions.
- Demonstrated high level of initiative, the ability to plan and
carry out complex activities to successful completion, and the
flexibility to adjust for changing needs and priorities.
- An exceptional work ethic with excellent customer-service
skills, including a demeanor that is courteous, professional,
responsive, empathetic, and positive.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), Google applications (Gmail, Calendar, Drive,
Docs), Adobe Acrobat, MBox, and other business tools and systems in
a PC environment.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, presentation,
interpersonal, and networking skills that show the ability to
interact effectively and diplomatically with all levels of
participants, partners, and audiences.
- Excellent project management, organizational, analytical, and
critical thinking skills involving multi-faceted initiatives, with
a demonstrated ability to successfully meet deadlines and strategy
- Demonstrated awareness and implementation of best practices in
fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion principles, and working
with diverse groups of people at all levels.
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours in support of
department needs and activities.
ISD is an inclusive and innovative community that is dedicated to
integrating disciplines for an uncommon and premier education with
a global reach. For more information please see:
Michigan Engineering's vision is to be the world's preeminent
college of engineering serving the common good. This global
outlook, leadership focus and service commitment permeate our
culture. Our vision is supported by a mission and values that,
together, provide the framework for all that we do. Information
about our vision, mission and values can be found at:
The University of Michigan has a storied legacy of commitment to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). The Michigan Engineering
component of the University's comprehensive, five-year, DEI
strategic plan-along with updates on our programs and resources
dedicated to ensuring a welcoming, fair and inclusive
environment-can be found at:
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Keywords: College Engineering, Ann Arbor , ADMIN ASST (TEMP), Administration, Clerical , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!