Office Svcs Assistant Assoc
Company: School Bus Admin
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 16, 2020
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position
and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover
letter should address your specific interest in the position,
include your salary requirements, and outline skills and experience
that directly relate to this position.
ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of
Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle
that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change
in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business
mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the
world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community
drive change and innovation that improves business and society.
Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business
schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time
MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA,
Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of
Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers
open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting
general management, leadership development, and strategic human
The Facilities Assistants are responsible for assisting with all
facilities-related questions and inquiries and responding to
security and emergency issues. The Facilities Assistants are also
responsible for event support and coordination. The Facilities
Assistants reports directly to the Facilities Supervisor.
Note: The schedule will consist of Monday - Friday from 10:00 AM -
Contributes to our positive and inclusive work community by
building trusting partnerships across the school, continually
learning, creating impactful experiences, and working with a sense
of ownership for outcomes. Approaches this work with a commitment
to diversity, equity, and inclusion in mind; treating others with
respect, dignity, and in a manner where individuals feel they
belong; listens, values feedback, and learns from the perspectives
Event Support and Coordination
- Inspect public restrooms, meeting rooms, offices, etc.during
building hours to verify the rooms are clean and presentable for
- Support events, large proceedings, student activities
throughout the business school complex.
- Police classrooms, conference rooms, study rooms, and open
circulation spaces, verify rooms/spaces are in proper condition for
the next activity.
- Provide assistance to event coordinators with final event
modifications while ensuring coordinators are aware of and follow
policies and guidelines for room usage.
- Make room and equipment reservations accurately and
- Provide coverage for call-ins, vacation times, breaks, lunches,
etc., for other facilities assistants in the operations
- Ensure all assigned tasks are completed correctly and in a
timely manner while ensuring Ross policies and procedures are
- Ensure building doors are locked/unlocked according to schedule
and contact DPS on all safety and security issues.
- Assist with maintaining the cleanliness of the interior and
exterior of the business school complex and monitor the condition
of the building and equipment, reporting damage or other concerns
to the Facility Supervisor.
- Respond to all medical, fire, and tornado emergencies.
- Assist with mail delivery.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to communicate
clearly and professionally with a diverse clientele base is
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record is necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks; meet multiple
deadlines; and work collegially and collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion with sensitive and
confidential information is required.
- Must be able to work independently as a critical member of a
team, while demonstrating cooperation and flexibility.
- Previous work experience in facilities/operations is strongly
- Previous experience working evening and weekends in a customer
service position is strongly preferred.
Skills testing may be required.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The person in this position routinely moves furniture and
equipment weighing up 50 pounds throughout the Michigan Ross
complex to remove or reallocate furniture, or perform other
Facilities Assistant duties mentioned above.
- Will require work during early mornings, nights, and/or
weekendsMichigan Ross values a culture of diversity, equity, and
inclusion. We are committed to the development of diverse and
culturally intelligent staff who thrive and contribute to a
positive and inclusive environment.
The statements included in this description are intended to reflect
the general nature and level of work assigned to this
classification and should not be interpreted as all-inclusive.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven days. The job may be
removed from posting boards and filled any time after the minimum
posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Keywords: School Bus Admin, Ann Arbor , Office Svcs Assistant Assoc, Administration, Clerical , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!