Student Admin Asst Sr
Company: School Pub Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: March 25, 2020
The University of Michigan School of Public Health has an
excellent opportunity available for you to join our team as our
Admissions Processing Specialist. You will provide technical
support for admissions and recruiting activities for the Office of
Student Engagement and Practice (OSEP) and will work closely with
staff and faculty across our academic departments, our
undergraduate and online programs, and our Marketing and
Communications team. We recruit staff members who demonstrate a
commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive
environment for all that interact and engage with us and our
activities. A cover letter is required for consideration and should
be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter
should address your specific interest in the position and outline
your relevant skills and experiences.
Michigan Public Health is a diverse learning community seeking to
create and share knowledge to prevent disease and promote the
health of populations worldwide. We are especially concerned with
health equity and thus have a special focus on disadvantaged
populations who suffer disproportionately from illness and
disability. We serve as a diverse and inclusive crossroads of
knowledge and practice, with the goal of solving current and future
public health problems.
Michigan Public Health is consistently ranked among the nation's
leading schools of public health. We confer BA, BS, MPH, MHSA, MS,
and Ph.D. degrees. We offer residential, executive, and online
degree programs. We are composed of six graduate departments, an
undergraduate program, an online degree program, and a unique
joined degree with the School of Information (Health Informatics),
and an online MPH degree program.
The Admissions Processing Specialist will report directly to the
Director of Student Affairs. This is an academic office with goals
for improvement and growth for our OSEP team. Responsibilities will
- Oversee admissions application set-up, testing, data-mapping,
- Use admissions and review systems including SOPHAS, CollegeNet,
and M-Pathways among others for collecting prospective and
applicant data, processing applications, and transitioning
prospects into students.
- Manage application processing flow and data, maintain suspense
files, create and run admissions data reports using Business
Objects, provide data for review of admissions decisions and enter
admissions decisions in MPathways.
- Manage the application imaging processing using ImageNow.
- Send official admissions communications to applicants.
- Partner with University academic and student service units to
support students through admission and matriculation processes
(e.g. International Center, Office of Financial Aid, Office of the
- Analyze admission and enrollment patterns and trends.
- Respond to parent, prospective, and admitted student inquiries
and maintain admissions data.
- Counsel prospective students on the admission process and
assist matriculants with I20/Visa processing.
- Work closely with the school's Marketing and Communications
team to ensure consistent branding in all school-level admissions
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field with at least 2 years
- Proficiency with office productivity applications such as
Google Collaboration and Productivity Apps, Mpathways, Business
Objects, Imaging, CollegeNet.
- Excellent ability to analyze and report statistical data.
- Experience with process mapping and assessment to identify
operational issues increasing efficiency with technical
- Experience in tools and databases required for evidence-based
decision-making and the ability to integrate technology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage
- Desire to work in an office that places a high value on quality
customer service, team orientation, and intentional planning. .
- Experience with admissions processing and systems.
- Experience working with confidential information and customer
relations tools (CRM).
- Experience processing I20 and admissions for international
Michigan Public Health is seeking an experienced and dynamic staff
member with a commitment to contributing to a diverse, equitable
and inclusive environment for all members of our community.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Keywords: School Pub Health, Ann Arbor , Student Admin Asst Sr, Administration, Clerical , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!