Senior Business Associate- Investment Office
Company: UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Senior Business Associate will assist the DSO in helping the
CIO Leadership Team in evaluating and deploying strategic
initiatives critical to ensuring long-term sustainability of Trust
assets for our member beneficiaries.
1. - - - - - -Support the CIO Leadership Team in managing
activities and initiatives within the Trust's Investment Office,
which will include collaboration with various internal and external
2. - - - - - -Develop and maintain periodic reports to Trust
leadership including board-ready materials.
3. - - - - - -Develop, maintain, and apply a comprehensive working
knowledge of the Trust's investment operations.
4. - - - - - -Create and manage project plans with definitive
tasks, responsibility matrix, and deadlines. Track, monitor, and
report the success and timeliness of the projects. Review project
plans status weekly with the CIO Leadership Team and highlight
successes as well as challenges.
5. - - - - - -Improve and document processes, controls, and KPI's -
both internally and externally focused. Develop dashboard reporting
to track and validate compliance and identify areas for
6. - - - - - -Assist with the development of an institutional
quality business plan around personnel, systems and technology, and
7. - - - - -Support internal and external communication efforts,
from building PowerPoint presentations to ensuring that the CIO
Leadership message is consistent and understood by all parties.
8. - - - - -Supports projects in coordination with the CIO
Leadership team and Senior Director or Corporate Initiatives.
This list details the Trust's assignment of essential functions to
this position. Other duties or tasks may be assigned to this
position. This job description is subject to change at any
- - - - - - - -Strategic and analytical mindset with excellent
problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to
maintain strategic focus coupled with strong business acumen.
- - - - - - - -Demonstrated process improvement experience
including ability to implement successful process change while
mitigating operational risk.
- - - - - - - -Strong presentation and communication skills and the
ability to distill complex ideas into achievable, measurable
- - - - - - - -Familiarity with investment markets and related
- - - - - - - -Computer savvy with a solid working knowledge of
Office suite-Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Leaders of the Trust are expected to demonstrate relevant
leadership competencies as specified in the Trust's competency
Personal Effectiveness Competencies
All employees of the Trust are expected to demonstrate relevant
personal effectiveness competencies as specified in the Trust's
Minimum Required Experience
- - - - - - - -3-5 years or more experience, preferably working in
an institutional investment/insurance organization including at a
financial/insurance institution, investment banking, asset manager,
plan sponsor, foundation, endowment, or an institutional investment
consulting practice. -Familiarity with investment markets and
related institutional processes is a plus.
- - - - - - - -Strong written communication and presentation
skills. -Ability to independently draft and edit reports and
- - - - - - - -Excellent time management, planning and
organizational skills. -Ability to manage multiple priorities and
multiple sources of data with an eye on the strategic as well as
operating level, uphold commitments and meet deadlines.
- - - - - - - -Self-starter who is comfortable working in an
environment where roles and responsibilities are evolving as new
processes and procedures are implemented.
- - - - - - - -Excellent interpersonal and collaborative
communication style required. -While direct supervisory experience
not required, strong facilitation and collaboration skills with
demonstrated ability to work effectively with all internal and
external parties to achieve shared objectives is critical to
success in this role.
High level of energy and resiliency with a positive team attitude
is a must.
Education, Professional Certifications and Licensure
- - - - - - - -BA/BS/BBA degree.
- - - - - - - -Prefer advanced degree in Business Administration or
Operations Management. -CPA, CFA, CAIA is a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
The physical requirements of this position are typical of office
Some travel may be required from time to time.
Keywords: UAW Retiree Medical Benefits Trust, Ann Arbor , Senior Business Associate- Investment Office, Administration, Clerical , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!