Senior Sustaining Product Engineer
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Eaton's Fluid Electrical Distribution division, a part of our
Aerospace group, is currently seeking a Senior Sustaining Product
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson,
The Senior Product Engineer performs project engineering work from
design to implementation; communicates expectations, plans, and
requirements and coordinates all work within the scope of assigned
In this role, you will provide design authority oversight of our
extensive conveyance product line. You will work with a
cross-functional team to ensure smooth operation of our
manufacturing process. Key tasks include problem-solving of
systemic issues, identification of product improvements and
implementation of corrective actions, review and disposition of
discrepant material, and customer requirement's compliance
The incumbent will have strong organization skills and effectively
multi-task to accomplish tactical tasks when embedded on fast
response teams while also advancing progress on strategic projects.
The role requires sound engineering judgment to rapidly address
business critical operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Participate on continuous improvement teams for Quick
Disconnect, Fuel Duct, Swivel, and Rynglok product lines as product
engineering representative. Work in team environment to meet plant
driven metrics for quality, safety, delivery, performance, and
- Champion product engineering driven cost out and support supply
chain projects for all product lines to meet annual cost out target
for the department. Provide design and product engineering support
for cost out initiatives driven from other departments such as
manufacturing and supply chain.
- Serve as contact for buyers for issues requiring engineering
conformance review to requirements, change requests,
- Complete product engineering actions to support the daily
defective material review (DMR) process on the production floor
along with quality and manufacturing engineering. Update
engineering documentation as needed.
- Apply statistical and analytical tools towards effective
problem-solving and completion of project activities.
- Provide initial engineering review of customer returned
material; work with lead engineers, quality engineers, and
customers to determine root cause of failure. Produce failure
analysis reports as needed.
- Lead problem solving activities and projects involving design
and configuration of existing product. These may be initiated out
of the continuous improvement teams, customer returns, supply chain
issues, etc. Project scope may include redesign, change management,
qualification test plan development and execution.
- Support functional goals such as the review of engineering
standards, engineering process improvements, and 5S.
- Write test procedures and qualification reports in support of
- Participate in new product development design reviews. Provide
input from day to day experience. Learn from lead engineers for
personal development for future roles
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in an engineering role
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Jackson, MI will be
considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an
- Proficiency in CAD (CATIA V5 preferred)
- Exposure to Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Knowledge of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing
techniques and materials
- Familiarity with Product Data Management (PDM) systems for
documentation control and workflow management
- Familiarity with continuous improvement tools such as value
stream mapping, Kaizen, etc.
- Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) background
- Ability to read and understand Drawings, Specifications, and
- Understanding of design evaluation techniques such as
reliability analysis, statistical tolerance stack up, Failure Mode
and Effect analysis (FMEA), etc.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and switch focus
- Ability to compose clear and concise written communication
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Jackson MI Loc
AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :093558
Keywords: Eaton, Ann Arbor , Senior Sustaining Product Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!