Posted on: February 24, 2021
Eaton's Hydraulic Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson,
Functionally responsible to support the manufacturing team
including day to day floor support, tooling design, gauging,
quality, and efficiency. Process improvement through collection and
analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality,
customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process
information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support
and provide production associates the tools required to perform the
job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process
and customer audits. This role will encompass both manufacturing
engineering and quality.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and
other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet
all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton
Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures efficiency tied to capital intensity and human
resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools
- Active membership on the manufacturing floor to support on-time
delivery of customer orders through the manufacturing process
excellence, including troubleshooting machine and tooling problems,
supporting the DMR process, and implementing continuous flow
- Create and maintain pFMEAs, process routers, equipment PMs and
Process documents to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and
processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost
out). Work directly with production associates, from all areas of
the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an
inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all
employees and customers.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in
design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and
defective material report (DMR) system.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process
improvement projects, including the development of the project
management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Provide functional and technical support to the manufacturing
floor within the assigned area of focus as well as the organization
as required to support goals.
- Project lead for new equipment implementation.
- Work in close coordination with quality team members to support
production by supplying supporting order documentation and to
review customer orders and quotes.
- Support continuous improvement projects pertaining to key
performance metrics for the plant as assigned.
- Lead internal audit functions as required to maintain and
comply with Eaton Quality System (EQS)
- Assess the training requirements in plant operations for
quality systems; design training for site and provide training as
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited
- Minimum 6 months of engineering or manufacturing
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical
area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- Master's Degree - MBA
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certifications, with
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing
- Experience with machining - mill, lathe
- Quality audit exposure
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Jackson MI Loc 1
HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :091074
Keywords: Eaton, Ann Arbor , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!