Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Create new application ideas for ITS (intelligent transportation
system) to show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid
- Create new HMI for driver assistant systems and conduct both
in-lab and in-vehicle test.
- HMI is all modalities (visual, audio, or haptic) that is
appropriate for the concept.
- Identify opportunities for concept(s) and participate in
- Perform vehicle retrofits with new technologies, electrical
wiring, mechanical installation, and control.
- Collaborate with device vendors, universities, and/or other
internal departments for building new prototype application.
- Participate in internal or external brainstorming sessions to
generate new application ideas.
- Conduct test drive for application tuning or debugging.
- Bachelor's degree (a 4-year degree) in computer science,
information engineering, computer engineering, software
engineering, or electrical engineering and minimum 2 years of
related work experience.
- Able to design and create graphics, audio, or haptic human
interfaces using tools Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Programming in C/C++, and other object-oriented languages like
C# is a plus.
- Familiar with XML, TCP/IP, UDP, Arduino, vehicle CAN.
- High level of engineering disciplines and analytical
- Go-getter attitude, self-sufficient, self-starter; stand on
his/her abilities to complete the
- tasks. This is an R&D position - it lacks methodical
production environment (requirements, processes, etc.). Must rely
on self to complete the task.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- Able to take higher-level requests and ideas to completion
- Willing to work long hours on occasions.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to work cooperatively with others.
- Eager to learn from research and application, trial and
- Automotive HMI, Automotive CAN, Automotive GUI, C#, C/C++,
Altran is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in
the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender
identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
genetics, veteran status, marital status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.This is a general description of
the Duties, Responsibilities, and Qualifications required for this
position. Physical, mental, sensory, or environmental demands may
be referenced in an attempt to communicate how this position
traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide
individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity,
Altran will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve
varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is
performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue
Keywords: Altran, Ann Arbor , HMI Engineer, Engineering , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!