HMI Engineer, Rapid Prototyping for Automotive Research Team in Ann Arbor, Michigan
Company: OSI Engineering, Inc.
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 8, 2021
- Create new application ideas for ITS (intelligent
transportation system) to show its proof of concept to evaluators
through rapid prototyping.
- Create new HMI for driver assistant systems and conduct both
in-lab and in-vehicle test. HMI is all modalities (visual, audio,
or haptic) that is appropriate for the concept.
- Identify opportunities for concept(s) and participate in
- Perform vehicle retrofits with new technologies, electrical
wiring, mechanical installation, and control.
- Collaborate with device vendors, universities, and/or other
Honda internal departments for building new prototype
- Participate in internal or external brainstorming sessions to
generate new application ideas.
- Conduct test drive for application tuning or debugging.
- This is an R&D position - it lacks methodical production
environment (requirements, processes, etc.).
- Able to design and create graphics, audio, or haptic human
interfaces using tools Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Programming in C/C++, and other object-oriented languages like
C# is a plus.
- Familiar with XML, TCP/IP, UDP, Arduino, vehicle CAN.
- High level of engineering disciplines and analytical
- Experience with Automotive HMI, Automotive CAN, Automotive GUI,
C#, C/C++, Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop
- Go-getter attitude, self-sufficient, self-starter; stand on
his/her abilities to complete the tasks.
- Must rely on self to complete the task.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- Able to take higher-level requests and ideas to completion
- Willing to work long hours on occasions.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Eager to learn from research and application, trial and
- Bachelor's degree (a 4-year degree) in computer science,
information engineering, computer engineering, software
engineering, or electrical engineering and minimum 2 years of
related work experience.
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Type: Fulltime or Contract
Keywords: OSI Engineering, Inc., Ann Arbor , HMI Engineer, Rapid Prototyping for Automotive Research Team in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Engineering , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!