Product Development Engineer I
Company: Airmaster Fan Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Product Development Engineer
IEMPLOYER: Airmaster FanDEPARTMENT: Product DevelopmentREPORTS TO:
Product Development Engineer IIIEFFECTIVE DATE: SUMMARY: Be an
integral part of company's product development and engineering
activities with future capabilities to lead and manage. Airmaster
Fan Company is a manufacturer of air moving equipment primarily for
comfort and industrial ventilation. While we are a smaller division
where a person can make a meaningful contribution from day one, we
are part of a multinational corporation (The MAICO Group) with
divisions in Germany, Italy, the UK, UAE, India, and China.
Airmaster has the advantages of being a small business but at the
same time presents opportunities that come with an international
company.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specifies, designs, analyzes, simulates, prototypes, builds,
tests, documents, and releases to manufacturing required mechanical
- Organizes, plans, tracks, and resolves design problems
associated with product performance in engineering, manufacturing,
and the field.
- Provides assistance with system level architectural design as
well as the development of specifications, schedules, and test
plans related to product development activities and product
- Interfaces with appropriate departments to ensure design
specifications meet or exceed all applicable regulatory
- Develops product performance testing; incorporates required
design changes to address problem resolution.
- Interfaces with outside vendors as required.
- Interacts and collaborates effectively with internal and
external team members to assure needs of the company are met.
- Investigates and thoroughly understands developments in
mechanical engineering and computer technology.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple projects within design
specifications and budget restrictions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) preferably in Mechanical or
Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent in related field.
- Two to three years related experience or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects
- Proficient on CAD Software; Solidworks capabilities preferred;
knowledge of parametric modeling desirable
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis,
evaluation, and scientific method.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the basic principles,
theories, concepts, and practices in the applicable area of
- HVAC or Air Movement Experience Preferred
- Experience in CFD and FEA Analysis is a plusCORE COMPETENCIES:
- Design--Generates creative solutions from customer needs;
Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to
modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention
- Project Management--Develops project plans; Coordinates
projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on
time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation--Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets
challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for
improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents
ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.Job
Type: Full-timePay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to FridayEducation:
- Bachelor's (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Airmaster Fan Company, Ann Arbor , Product Development Engineer I, Engineering , Clarklake, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!