Posted on: January 16, 2022
Eaton's Aerospace division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer
in the Jackson, MI location.
Functionally responsible to support the High Performance Work team
including day to day floor support, tooling design, gauging,
quality, and efficiency. Process improvement through collection and
analysis manufacturing data to improve safety, product quality,
customer delivery, and cost reductions. Provide on-floor process
information for training and meeting engineering standards. Support
and provide production associates the tools required to perform the
job in a manner to meet all requirements. Support special process
and customer audits.
- Maintain and Improve safe and environmentally responsible
- Uses MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and
other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Designs processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet
all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton
Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensures efficiency tied to capital intensity and human
resources by utilizing Eaton LEAN and Six Sigma tools
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus
Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the
manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine
and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process, and implementing
continuous flow concepts.
- Maintain and improve product flow through the plant through
reduced Defective material Report (DMR) and Process stop
occurrences. Resolve issue quickly when product stops occur.
- Design gaging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid modeling
software and other engineering analysis and design tools. Work with
suppliers and purchasing to procure tooling, and supplies as
- Create and maintain pFMEAs, process routers, equipment PMs and
Process documents to ensure safety, quality, and cost targets are
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement changes in products and
processes to improve manufacturability and profitability (cost
out). Work directly with production associates, from all areas of
the plant, in the implementation of projects in order to build an
inclusive culture and processes that meet the needs of all
employees and customers.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in
design and improvement of processes or products including scrap and
defective material report (DMR) system.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process
improvement projects, including the development of the project
management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Provide functional and technical support to the HPWT within the
assigned area of focus as well as the organization as required to
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as
required to achieve a flawless launch.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or related technical field
- Minimum 1 years of engineering or manufacturing experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical
area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical, industrial, or aerospace
- Experience with Nadcap (or other industry standards) audits
- Previous lean and/or six sigma certification, with demonstrated
- Experience in high mix/low volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in hose assembly, manual assembly/test, metal
fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, chemical processes
- Limited travel may be required (
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many teams from
manufacturing operations, to design engineering, to program
management office, to FED leadership team, to order
- Opportunity for direct customer interface (Aerospace OEM's in
military and commercial markets)
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Jackson MI Loc
AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Requisition ID :113305
Keywords: Eaton-EN, Ann Arbor , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!