Company: IMRA America, Inc.
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: August 1, 2022
IMRA America, Inc., founded in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1990, is
dedicated to the development of ultrafast fiber laser technologies
for commercial applications. IMRA's technology portfolio includes
over 450 US and international patents and patent applications.
IMRA's femtosecond fiber lasers are ideal for a host of
applications ranging from ultrafast measurement instruments to
industrial material processing and refractive surgery.
We're seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to help us continue to
bring innovative products to the marketplace.
IMRA offers an outstanding benefits package totaling in excess of
$25,000 [95% company paid]
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Delta Dental, Vision, Life,
- 401(k) - 4% Match
- Generous Vacation, Personal, and Holiday Banks
- Responsible for system level and board level analog/digital
hardware design and software development projects for control of
IMRA laser products.
- System engineering and integration of electronics with optical
and mechanical subsystems.
- Determine user interface and safety requirements according to
customer inputs and applicable national and international standards
for functional safety, electrical safety, laser safety, and
- Perform design, simulation, and test of analog/digital circuit
and software functions.
- Generate, revise, update, and document existing
hardware/software configurations, -including troubleshooting,
repair, and improving of system functionality.
- Work with vendors and suppliers on custom quotations and to
resolve delivery or performance issues.
- Coordinate with the quality department on safety and regulatory
requirements, testing and certification.
- Support manufacturing, transfer designs from development to
production and diagnose manufacturing problems.Qualifications
- BSEE or MSEE with 8+ years' relevant experience.
- Experience interfacing analog circuits and digital peripherals
with embedded micro-controllers.
- Experience with analog, mixed signal and closed loop designs
using op-amps, DACs, ADCs and passive components, operating in a
frequency range from DC to 1 GHz.
- Experience in PCB design using tools such as Altium or
- Experience with programming of embedded microprocessors in C
- FPGA programming skills in Verilog preferred.
- Experience in optics/electro-optics is a definite plus.
- Good written/verbal communication and project documentation
Keywords: IMRA America, Inc., Ann Arbor , Electrical Engineer, Engineering , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!