Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Ann Arbor
within 30 days of selection and be willing to work a hybrid
schedule (2 days/week onsite).
Our DevOps teams are coders who specialize in Automation. This
person will be responsible for designing and developing fully
automated deployment solutions, as we head down the path to
continuous deployment. In addition to building full scale
environments and deploying full application solutions on demand,
you will have the opportunity of implementing creative monitoring
solutions and providing full visibility into all areas of our
system. Automation, Continuous Innovation and Continuous
Improvement are the keys to succeeding in this role. We are looking
for someone to bring their development background and skillset into
our DevOps team. You'll have an integral part in helping the Next
Generation Pulse become scalable to address our future growth. The
specific focus for the DevOps Engineer is on following best
practices around configuration, automation and optimization of the
development, test and release processes for the Next Generation
Pulse Platform. The DevOps Engineer works collaboratively with the
Agile Delivery Teams to deploy and operate our systems, automate
and streamline our operations and processes, build and maintain
tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and to
troubleshoot and resolve issues in our production and
non-production environments. Our DevOps Engineers are Developers
they just happen to use different languages than Developers.
- Write, test, and bug-fix, performant pipelines with an emphasis
on stability and long-term supportability.
- Support pipeline enhancements.
- Enhance our current monitoring capabilities.
- Support physical deployments.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services
- Provides technical guidance to application teams to take
advantage of DevOps technologies and processes, as needed.
- Build tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user
groups, understand trends and opportunities to ensure we are using
the best possible techniques and tools.
(20%) Operational Support
- Provide 24X7 production support as part of a team rotation,
resolving or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Maintain Production services to highly demanding
- Take ownership of production issues, working closely with
infrastructure and development teams on issue resolution.
- Support releases on a regularly scheduled basis, as well as
emergency releases as needed.
- Deploy application and data changes to all environments as
- Provide Level 2 technical support.
- Provide support to the development teams that use the automated
- Troubleshoot and support hardware issues in a physical
environment (i.e., labs, stores, etc.)
- This requirement is non-negotiable. The candidate must have
excellent oral and written communication skills, including
presentation skills and the ability to write technical data for a
- Experience with Code Repository Management, Code Merging, Code
Quality, Continuous Integration and Automated Deployments.
- Experience with current Monitoring platforms (Prometheus,
- Experienced with Object Oriented Programming.
- 3+ Years of experience as a Developer in a modern Programming
language (i.e., C#, Java, Python, Groovy).
- Experience using scripting languages such as Bash, Groovy,
Python, Powershell, etc.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven Development.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting (e.g., Bourne, Python,
- Experience or knowledge (even if not formal) of Release
automation (e.g., Jenkins, JenkinsX), system administration, system
configuration, and code debugging experience.
- Understanding or knowledge of CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Networks, firewalls, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience with Linux & Windows system Administration.
- Experience with administration of Linux, Windows and
virtualization platforms like VMWare.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure environments (e.g., AWS,
- Broad understanding of modern containerization technologies
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem analysis, and critical thinking
Keywords: Evolutyz, Ann Arbor , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!