Impact Test Engineer - Vehicle Crash
Posted on: November 26, 2022
V2Soft () is a global company, headquartered out of Bloomfield
Hills, Michigan, with locations in Mexico, Italy, India, China and
Germany. At V2Soft, our mission is to provide high performance
technology solutions to solve real business problems. We become our
customer's true partner, enabling both parties to enjoy success. We
are committed to promoting diversity in the workplace, and believe
it has a positive effect on our company and the customers we
The Crash Safety Test Engineer is responsible for the planning,
preparing and performing crash safety-related testing and ensuring
successful completion of full-size vehicle and/or occupant sled
testing. This role requires knowledge in domestic and global
- Reviewing impact test regulations and test request provided by
requestor, providing work instructions to Salaried Bargaining Unit
technicians, mechanics and photographers, performing test to
regulations and post test data validations.
- Ensuring the impact test data acquisition systems are properly
configured and are capturing the required test data.
- Interfacing with equipment suppliers/internal departments to
coordinate calibrations/repair, keep up on current software and
hardware best practices.
- Performing onsite physical prep and test, working with the
vehicle, test related hardware and software.
- Development and implementation of new test methods and/or
- Familiarity with global impact test regulations and may also
involve managing improvements to Anthropomorphic Test Dummy (ATD)
fleet and department processes.
- Please note, this role includes 1st and or 2nd shift, as well as
providing support 7 days/week
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering from an ABET
- 1-3 years of automotive experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & MS Teams
- Ability to work independently and well within a team.
- The candidate must also possess strong planning, organizational
skills and have excellent communicate skills.
- Ability to manage several continuous improvement initiatives and
engineering projects without disruption of day to day testing
activities - all with minimal supervision.
- Effective operation of precise data acquisition equipment and
software, or demonstrate capabilities for mastering these systems
in adequate time.
- Familiarity with Hypergraph Analytical Software, Canalizer,
Math-lab software and Omega Temp loggers a plus
- 3-5 years' experience in automotive test facility, impact testing
- Knowledge or experience with logistics planning, warehouse
management, or material handling.
- Basic knowledge of LEAN principles and process improvement
practices. Basic knowledge of standard problem solving techniques
(8D, fishbone analysis, 5-Why, etc).
- Basic knowledge of automotive restraint systems (airbag, seat
belts, etc.) and interior trim assembly (instrument panels, seats,
- Exposure to working with or supervising a unionized
- Familiarity with global test regulations (NHTSA, FMVSS, EuroNCAP,
etc.) and third party test procedures (IIHS).
- Masters Electrical Engineering.
V2Soft is an Equal Opportunity Employer ( EOE).
-- to view all of our open opportunities and to learn more about
our benefits. - -
Keywords: V2Soft, Ann Arbor , Impact Test Engineer - Vehicle Crash, Engineering , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!