Development Engineer - Intermediate
Posted on: March 16, 2023
RGBSI, is dedicated to providing the highest quality of services
to our clients and employees. We are proud to be the primary
partner to top companies in the automotive, aerospace & defense,
IT, media & entertainment, sports, energy, and finance industries.
As a result of our clients' continued growth, we are looking for
energetic, personable professionals to partner with these leading
- The Vehicle Dynamics (VD) Engineer is responsible for the
development, and validation, of ride, steering, handling, and tire
performance to meet functional objectives.
- The Engineer will work closely with a VD lead (performance)
engineer, component Design and Release Engineers (DRE), VD Virtual
Analysis (VA) Engineers, Noise/Vibration/Harshness (NVH) Engineers,
Active Chassis system Engineers and the Vehicle Product engineering
team to ensure that critical components such as suspension,
steering, powertrain/engine/body mounts, and tires have appropriate
targets/specifications to meet Program performance objectives. This
will be accomplished through a combination of simulation, objective
testing, and subjective evaluation methods.
- The role requires specialized driving skills for subjective
ride, steering, routine handling and limit handling
- The VD Engineer will be responsible for in-vehicle development
of the critical components to meet the vehicle's overall ride,
steering, handling, and tire performance objectives.
- This development work takes place predominantly in Michigan,
with travel required to other test locations as both weather, and
test surface conditions dictate (Significant travel occurs during
the winter months, with trips lasting 2-3 weeks at a time. Travel
is mostly domestic within North America, but can also be
international, and is approximately 20% of the Engineer's
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical
- 3+ years engineering design and development experience
- Demonstration of automotive interest/passion (via hobbies or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, work as required to support
projects. Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving
record - will be required to drive company vehicles.
- Hands-on experience in the area of electric power steering
- Semi active damping system development and calibration
- Hands-on experience with tuning passive dampers.
- Proven skills in analytical tool development.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Matlab.
- Proven sub-limit and limit handling driving skills and
subjective assessment capabilities.
- Competitive driving history is a plus.
- Proven team building skills, ability to lead when required.
We offer attractive, competitive compensation and benefits
including, medical, dental, 401k, Short Term Disability, AD&D
and Tuition Reimbursement, etc. If you take pride in your work and
are committed to personal and professional success we want to talk
to you. Please visit www.rgbsi.com to learn more.
RGBSI is a Multi-National Corporation headquartered in Troy, MI
with branches throughout the USA, Canada, Germany, Mexico, and
Keywords: RGBSI, Ann Arbor , Development Engineer - Intermediate, Engineering , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...