Director, Grants Administration
Company: Internet 2
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: October 17, 2020
Internet2 is a non-profit member-driven organization that
operates the nation's largest and fastest research and education
network; comprised of over 320 higher education institutions, 60
affiliates, 58 leading corporations, 70 national research and
education networking partners and 43 regional and state education
networks that support more than 100,000 community anchor
institutions. Our mission is to continue to be a driving force in
the advancement of research and education through collaborative
partnerships and the acceleration of innovation. We are seeking a
strategic, collaborative candidate that will be an integral member
of our Internet2 team. The primary purpose of this position is to
be responsible for the full life cycle of grant activities for
Internet2, including compliance activities, and to ensure that
grant requirements are met. As part of this responsibility, the
individual supports the Internet2 business divisions with setting
the standard templates, keeping template updated, developing grant
proposals, including drafting narratives, preparing budget
projections, and working with federal agencies on administrative
matters, to ensure effective management of awards. Key Roles &
- Develops and implements pre- and post-award grant activities
for Internet2, including compliance activities, to ensure that
grant requirements are met during the full lifecycle of a
- Facilitates review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and
Requests for Qualifications (RFQs) for content and requirements by
subject matter experts and other relevant staff to ensure the
submission of high-quality grant proposals.
- Negotiates administrative and compliance matters with federal
agencies regarding grant proposals, award conditions, and other
award requirements to ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintains the grants management database, monitors and tracks
the status and progress of grants including grant application
summaries, approvals, and post-award progress.
- Collaborates with the Legal department to review compliance
requirements, relevant contracts, subawards, and award conditions.
In addition, the individual works with Legal on monitoring new
laws, regulations, and policies regarding grant activities to
- Collaborates with the Accounting Department to develop budgets
and budget justifications for grant proposals, establishes and
implements a review and monitoring process for budgeting, financial
management, program deliverable progress, and post-award
- Proactively identifies and communicates post-award challenges
to key stakeholders, recommending possible solutions and providing
appropriate support as needed to ensure resolution.
- Manages and facilitates responses to federal and internal
- Provides training, workshops, and communication to staff and
the community, upon request, in pre- and post- award grant
activities to support their success in proposal development, grant
writing, program design, budget development, and evaluation of
- Maintains and regularly updates a grants management guidance
manual for staff, working with Legal on the compliance aspects of
- Manages the overall inventory of grants for Internet2.
- Provides general guidance to Internet2 members, upon request,
on grant-related matters.
- Perform other functions as needed to support the goals of
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience showing mastery of the
development of grants and grant-related compliance activities,
including the full lifecycle of grants.
- Mastery of federal agency grant submission and reporting
processes and portals.
- Proficiency in federal statutes, regulations, and policies
relating to grants.
- Strong Project Management and Process skills required to manage
grants from start to finish.
- Exceptional attention to details to ensure grants are accurate
and a professional representation of Internet2 to increase the
likelihood of grant awards.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple functions
inside and outside Internet2 in order to effectively manage the
grant process and ensure deadlines are met.
- Open to feedback and constructive feedback to ensure the
process is updated and inclusive of each function's role.
Keywords: Internet 2, Ann Arbor , Director, Grants Administration, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!