Facility Director (University of Michigan
Company: Gamma Phi Beta
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Facility Director (University of Michigan) This position is
responsible for creating a safe and inviting chapter facility for
our members. The facility director carries out the following duties
through facility maintenance and upkeep, supervision of staff (if
applicable) and maintaining positive relationships with chapter
members and vendors.
Responsibilities Core duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the safety and security of facility residents through
the coordination and oversight of day-to-day maintenance and upkeep
of chapter facility.
- Oversee and manage the access controls for the facility to
include exterior doors, bedroom doors, exterior cameras and fire
- Seek approval from Facilities Management Company (FMC)
professional staff for repair and maintenance to the facility in
situations that require immediate attention and/or incidents that
incur a cost over $500.
- Supervise activities of vendors or workers on-site.
- Notify FMC professional staff regarding major items needing
- Keep FMC professional staff informed of any inspection of the
facility by insurance adjusters, fire department agents, university
officials, government agents or others concerned with the
maintenance, safety and security of the house. Forward copies of
any written reports to FMC professional staff. Ensure only
authorized persons enter the facility.
- Work with FMC professional staff to manage groundskeepers and
other contractors for lawn and garden maintenance, tree trimming
and gutter cleaning, as necessary.
- Attend to emergency repairs and notify FMC professional staff
immediately to report any damage, fire, accident or incident.
- Responds and communicates quickly during all emergency
situations and notifies appropriate parties of the situation.
- Keep accurate records of all maintenance items, purchases and
- Order, manage, maintain and inventory household supplies within
- If a housekeeping service is utilized, ensure supplies used for
cleaning are outlined in the service contract.
- Ensure all service companies working for the facility present a
current certificate of insurance and W-9 prior to beginning any
work at the facility.
- Retain all copies of certificate of insurance and workers'
- Maintain household accounts within a budget to include house
supplies, cleaning, food service and general maintenance and
- Follow credit card expense policy by submitting all receipts
and reconciling employee issued credit card. Prior approval
required for purchases over $200.
- Coordinate food service operations to the facility within
- Order, manage, inventory and maintain household food and
- Organize menu plans in consultation with the chapter house
facility manager and/or food committee. Review menu plans in
advance. Ensure weekly menus are posted. Adjust menus based on
chapter members' dietary needs and/or feedback. Hold weekly food
committee meetings with food service provider and collegians
serving on the food committee.
- Encourage members to use food service provider apps to supply
- In conjunction with the facility manager, oversee guest meal
sign-in to ensure the proper policy/procedure is followed.
- Ensure that meals are served and made available as specified in
chapter members' housing agreements. Seek approval from facility
manager and chapter president for any deviation in the meal
- As applicable, supervise activities and time sheets for all
- Partner with FMC professional staff for all human
resources-related activities regarding legal compliance, hiring,
payroll, conflict resolution, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Additional Job Functions
- Submit monthly facility director report to FMC professional
- Manage and supervise the opening and closing of the facility
- Meet weekly with the chapter president, facility manager and
other relevant officers.
- Attend meetings as requested and provide any necessary
- Obtain social calendar from facility manager and address any
scheduling conflicts, as needed.
- Act as official hostess for the chapter, creating a gracious
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the collegiate
chapter members and report any concerns to the appropriate FMC
professional staff member or Sorority volunteer.
- Report violations of facility rules to facility manager,
financial vice president, chapter president, chapter advisor or
financial advisor. The facility director is not expected or
permitted to discipline members.
- This position is very active and requires significant walking,
bending, kneeling and climbing stairs.
- The employee must frequently lift or move items over 25
Education and/or Experience An associate degree or equivalent from
a two-year college or technical school (further education is a
plus); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software (Excel),
electronic mail software (email) and all corresponding devices such
as a printer, scanner and fax machine. Other Skills, Abilities and
- Professional, outgoing, customer-service oriented manner.
- Proactive, self-directed and able to independently solve
- Proven project management skills and the ability to effectively
coordinate multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to use independent judgement and proper discretion in
carrying out job functions and responsibilities. Location This
position will be based at an assigned chapter facility; full-time
residence at the facility is required. You have been redirected to
a Gamma Phi Beta job page
Keywords: Gamma Phi Beta, Ann Arbor , Facility Director (University of Michigan, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!