Cloud Implementation Engineering Manager
Company: Michigan Health Information Network Shared Service
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 8, 2021
As the Manager of the Cloud Implementation Engineering team is
responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and is the POC
and escalation point for all things relating to the implementation
activities of the engineering team. Responsible for gathering
requirements from clients and implementation of cloud-based
solutions. The Manager of the Cloud Implementation Engineering team
is a member of the Implementation Team, reports to the Customer
Success and Implementation Director, and will work closely with
Implementation Analysts, Support, Integration, Infrastructure, and
Clients to implement various submission transport and transfer
methods (VPN's, DSM's, SFTP, web services, etc).
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, but may
require after-hours from time-to-time.
Duties And Responsibilities
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
To meet the needs of MiHIN, Velatura, and USQHIN customers, the
Manager of the Implementation Engineering team shall participate in
design sessions, business requirement reviews, provide work
estimates, participate in proof of concepts and pilots with other
internal and external teams, working in unison with the
implementation analyst team to deliver the outstanding customer
- Implementation and connection of customers via VPN and DSM
submission transport methods, Webservices, SFTP, API, etc.
- Firewall management and troubleshooting.
- Whitelisting, port requests, monitoring logs, and other various
tasks relating to the implementation of customers on
- Works with development on product/tool improvements and
suggestions from customers.
- Works with Process Improvement and Systems Engineer to identify
implementation process improvements and improving the overall
- Assist in creating automated processes to reduce workforce
- Support design and implement backup/disaster recovery
- Produce clear and concise documents and diagrams capturing
technical baselines and operational capabilities, including but not
limited to: logical diagrams, interconnections diagrams.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and complex problem
- Cross-trained to perform implementation analyst duties
- Cross-trained to perform Solutions Support duties
- May be asked to perform other duties as they are brought into
- Remain abreast of technology advancements for future cloud,
software, and other relative implementations and capabilities.
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or
transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN/Velatura/USQHIN
Security Policies and Procedures.
- As the Manager of the Cloud Implementation Engineering team,
this role is positioned as the POC and for all things relating to
implementation engineering and the activities and duties of the
cloud implementation engineers.
- Support the installation, integration, and management of
application development, test, and evaluation environment tools and
services using AWS if needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science,
Information Science, Information Technology Management, or another
- Three years of related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience in either
support, development, or cloud work preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Amazon Web Services (1+ years
- Experience with leading a team of cloud engineers (3+
- 5+ years of customer onboarding, provisioning, and
implementation experience required.
- Must be able to communicate with team members, staff, and
individuals in the community in a professional manner. This will
require excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication
skills along with the ability to present and explain information
effectively for non-technically inclined individuals.
- Familiarity with and understanding of computers, network and
database server infrastructure, networks, and the internet,
including internet protocols, standards, and information security,
web and mobile application.
- Knowledge of health IT industry standards and protocols such as
FHIR Resources, Privacy Tags, Security Labels, Quality Measures,
- Ability to use good judgment to solve problems efficiently and
accurately and handle complex details
- Multi-task orientation to handle and manage several projects at
once while remaining flexible to changing requirements and
- Experience with healthcare customer implementations in a cloud
May lead small workgroups on a per-project basis.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Michigan Health Information Network Shared Service, Ann Arbor , Cloud Implementation Engineering Manager, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!