Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Listing: Concessions Manager / Hospitality Manager - Quick
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're
proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated
to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all
of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that
instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go
Location: We are seeking a Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve for
the University of Michigan.The Leaders & Best...The Victors
Valiant...The Michigan Wolverines. These are terms you may have
heard circling around The University of Michigan and the city of
Ann Arbor. The University of Michigan is one of the country's top
public institutions, located in one of the best college towns in
America - Ann Arbor. U-M is a leader in higher education,
attracting top students and faculty from all over the world. The
University offers a rich tradition of academic excellence,
unparalleled athletics, and a vibrant, diverse community of the
leaders and best.
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve is responsible for all
aspects of Quick Serve (concessions) operations, to include
multiple-concept food courts, permanent stands, portable carts and
kiosks, in-venue restaurants, private clubs and upscale suite
catering.The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will develop,
communicate and implement seasonal and long-term business
strategies to drive Quick Serve sales revenue and meet or exceed
the unit's overall financial goals. He or she will maximize sales
by ensuring that guests receive an exceptional overall experience
and that service expectations are met or exceeded within all unit
The Hospitality Manager - Quick Serve will contribute to Sodexo
Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality through the performance
of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and
positive work environment for Quick Serve department staff.
- Maximize Sodexo Live!'s Quick Serve revenue and operational
excellence through implementation and oversight of systems and
policies related to concessions operations.
- Provide leadership and direction to Quick Serve Supervisors,
Leads and front line staff.
- Ensure that policies and procedures for processing customer
transactions are adhered to.
- Contribute to goal of making Sodexo Live! #1 in Event
Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal
commitment and leading by example.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education
and experience to support on-the job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous leadership experience within a
diverse food and beverage environment, to include management of a
large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer
- Venue catering/concessions experience and multi-site experience
strongly preferred, as this position will have responsibility over
multiple locations including cafes, coffee shops, bistros and
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and
general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health
- Demonstrated financial acumen; P&L accountability and/or
contract-managed service experience is highly desirable.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of
organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to
include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and
management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment
- Self starter who can work independently and on several
tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional
areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and
- Requires lifting up to 50 pounds on a regular and continuing
basis. Must be able to work in extremes of cold and heat.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!.
While only those candidates considered for this position will be
contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic
information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Keywords: Centerplate, Ann Arbor , Concessions Manager, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!