Supply Chain Manager
Company: Truck Hero
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 13, 2022
POSITION SUMMARYThe Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for
monitoring the supply logistics process and strategies and
implementing process improvement techniques to control and lower
purchasing costs while maximizing productivity and performance
across the full brand supply chain flow. This role will identify
inconsistencies in supply chain operations and will ensure the
adequacy of stock inventory. This position will implement quality
control procedures by analyzing industry trends to identify
business opportunities that meet customer needs. The Manager will
build an approved supplier panel: select suppliers according to
Truck Hero criteria, conduct competitive (RFQ) analysis, share
sourcing recommendation with the appropriate staff, award contracts
to competitive suppliers. The Manager will lead the implementation
of Purchasing Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to improve
productivity and margins. CORE FUNCTIONS
- Manage and develop Procurement strategy, engaged with commodity
- Provide supply chain and local procurement support to
transportation management and information technology.
- Analyze data, process flows, and supply chain functions to
- Strong ability to conduct a corporate RFQ tied to gathering
product information, estimated annual usages, SOP timing, and
merging the details with an approved supplier list.
- Assign ownership and accountability for process issues and
- Monitor and evaluate activities that assure supply-chain volume
flow that protects manufacturing operations.
- Establish supplier manufacturing capacity requirements.
- Manage supply chain activities by establishing expectations for
processes and responsibilities. Document processes in each aspect
of the supply chain function including the processes to be followed
by the local brand buyers.
- Develop and challenge resources to improve performance through
optimized systems, continuous process improvements, and ultimately
drive direct and indirect material savings.
- Drive cost reductions and quality/conformance improvements
across the range of material and MRO purchases.
- Create, develop, and manager a purchasing strategy that will
develop and improve relationships with the current supply base, as
well as develop new potential suppliers
- Prepare and maintain yearly purchasing business plans and
- Determine supply chain KPIs, i.e., PPV, competitive pricing,
on-time delivery, continuous improvement
- Monitor and control cost, promote cost savings, and provide
leadership in support of goals and VA/VE.
- Proactively analyze and identify system utilization concerns
and process improvements. QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTSEducation
- Bachelor's degree in related or technical field required.
Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of supply chain purchasing experience required.
- 2+ years in a leadership role required.
- Strong background in commodity management with a concentration
in resins, plastics, weather-seals, vinyl, and MRO.
- Background in negotiating million dollar a year contracts,
multiyear contracts, including price downs YOY. Required Licenses
- CPM / CPIM (Purchasing) certification preferred. Skills,
Abilities, and Knowledge
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel. Skilled
in ERP Software.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally
and in writing.
- Ability to find solutions and deal proactively with
- Ability to calculate rates, ratios, and percentages. Ability to
add, subtract, multiply and divide in whole numbers, fractions, and
- Ability to create concepts, practices, and tools to resolve
problems or improve current processes.
- Management of the Approved Vendor List including Vendor
Profile, Vendor Approval and ISO/TS/PPAP assessment
- Ability to monitor Supplier Performance Measurement in terms of
quality and service of the cost via reporting structures.
- Ability to provide monthly tracking of performance and monthly
commodity/activity and savings.
Keywords: Truck Hero, Ann Arbor , Supply Chain Manager, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!