Personal Consultation Manager (Violations)
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) - Personal Consultation
Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory
compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with
regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and
subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment?
Are you interested in gaining exposure to auditor independence
rules promulgated by our regulators? Then the ICN Personal
Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As a Personal Consultation Manager, you'll be part of a strong and
cohesive team where you will use your analytical, research and
investigative skills to:
- Review and evaluate records generated daily through the Time to
Holdings process, which compares time reported by professionals to
Restricted Entity financial relationships reported.
- Review and evaluate impermissible financial relationships
reported by professionals in our system.
- Draft and review certain communications to audit clients and
their audit committees.
- Liaise between professionals at all levels and engagement teams
to corroborate information.
- Work closely with ICN PPMDs and Senior Managers to analyze and
conclude on the permissibility of financial relationships held by
professionals at all levels within the firm.
- Perform research and analysis to identify affiliate
- Document analysis and conclusions and review the documentation
prepared by other team members, regarding personal financial
- Communicate conclusions to professionals and engagement teams,
- Collaborate with team members to identify efficiencies within
current processes and suggest areas for improvement.
- Manage and provide direction to staff team members.
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients.
That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and
enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish
Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us
the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation
team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and
risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the
organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest,
in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit
clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of
policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the
independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is
essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably business, finance or
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience.
- Positive customer service attitude and dedication to quality,
with a demonstrated attention to detail.
- Proficient in standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft
Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal
- Experience managing a team and multiple projects.
- Ability to react positively to an environment where priorities
and deadlines can quickly change.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time required on activities
and be responsive to requests for information.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to effectively work independently, and as part of a
team, in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of Independence requirements for professional
- Experience working in a large corporation or accounting
- Accounting or auditing experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping
people at every level of their career to identify and use their
strengths to do their best work every day. We offer opportunities
to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the
global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning
experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have
a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their
Keywords: Deloitte, Ann Arbor , Personal Consultation Manager (Violations), Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!