Key Account Manager
Company: Ashfield Engage
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Ashfield Engage has partnered with Aimmune Therapeutics a Nestle
Health Sciences company to create a unique team of Key Account
Managers. Do you have some pharmaceutical sales experience, are
excited to travel, work in a specialty field and have the ability
to work remotely for extended periods of time? Are you are looking
for an opportunity to learn multiple therapeutic areas? If so, this
is a perfect opportunity for you.The Key Account Manager (KAM) is a
field-based role with tremendous impact bringing Aimmune's first
Characterized Oral Desensitization ImmunoTherapy (CODIT---),
PALFORZIA -, to appropriate patients in need. As part of a regional
team, the KAM should be skilled at running a business and
understanding the key drivers for business optimization and
success. Key account managers work with customers to build
long-term, strategic relationships. The focus of building their
customer base will be on accounts that have the ability to impart
knowledge to the allergy community , and that are well known for
prioritizing the benefit to the patients.This role requires a range
of skills from driving demand, selling, and closing customers,
nurturing key relationships, strategic planning, and
cross-functional leadership. Key Account Managers will also create
and implement a regional key account business plan that is built
upon a proven track record of identifying and harnessing business
opportunities for growth across multiple practices, health care
organizations and institutions. in an ethical manner and in
accordance with Aimmune policies , the KAM is also responsible for
growing market share by ensuring the right patients are prescribed
adding and retaining customers, and sales performance of the full
portfolio within an assigned geographic territory through
successful execution of marketing strategies, as well as managing
- Utilize market resources to expand use of Palforzia and patient
access to Aimmune portfolio
- Partner cross-functionally (FRM, MSL, NAM, internal
stakeholders) to support the business with solution-oriented
approaches to address existing barriers.
- Clearly promote and differentiate the Palforzia value
proposition ethically and within compliance
- Execute and maintain contracted relationships with key accounts
and customers (institutions, hospitals, IDN, clinics, etc.).
- Build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders, including but
not limited to physicians, nurses, office staff, provider
consultants, decision makers, C-level executives, directors, and
managers in existing accounts and in new or emerging customers and
- Identify HCP's current perspective on treatment and develop a
plan to address their needs.
- Communicate regularly with HCPs in territory to deliver
messages about Palforziavalue and safety
- Provide HCPs with resources so that they can articulate
treatment value proposition to their patients and caregivers.
- Identify barriers to patient access for the product and a path
- Leverage all national, regional, state, and local level key
account market knowledge to drive business plans and
- Collaborate with AADs and other KAMs to share best practices
and assess different scenarios.
- Proactively communicate field barriers and challenges with
- Build a network of treating physicians and practice members who
have successfully implemented Palforzia into their practice.
- Work cross functionally with Field Reimbursement Manager to
address market access concerns that arise, bringing in FRMs as more
technical or challenging issues arise.
- The KAM will partner and have some contracting and contract
maintenance responsibilities with specific customers and must
utilize those contracts to support Palforzia business
strategies.Experience and Education Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred; 3-5
years sales experience in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
with at least two years of related specialty medical products or
sales strongly preferred (or proven success in medical field).
- Proven track record that demonstrates top sales
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical
clinical material clearly and effectively.
- Ability to develop critical relationships with physicians,
nurses and ancillary staff within academic hospitals, clinics, and
private practice facilities.
- Demonstrated understanding of Allergy area, products, and
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare system processes including
payer access and reimbursement.
- Strong work ethic and ability to develop priorities and manage
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Ability to integrate innovative ideas to accomplish corporate
and individual objectives.
- Occasional overnight travel is required.About Ashfield
EngageAshfield Engage, part of UDG Healthcare plc, is a global
leader in commercialization services for the healthcare industry.
We partner with our clients across Advisory, Healthcare
Communications, Commercial, Patient Solutions and Medical Affairs
to build creative, scalable and tailored health solutions that are
executed flawlessly, to deliver positive outcomes for patients.Our
mission is to partner with our clients, improving lives by helping
healthcare professionals and patients get the medicines, knowledge
and support they need.To learn more about Ashfield Engage, visit us
at: https://ashfieldengage.com/Ashfield Engage is proud to be an
equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at
Ashfield are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color,
gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital
status, medical condition (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), mental or physical disability,
national origin, protected family care or medical leave status,
race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence
thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Ashfield will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
conviction records.Ashfield Engage is an equal opportunity employer
M/F/V/D. We appreciate your interest in our company, however; only
qualified candidates will be considered.
Keywords: Ashfield Engage, Ann Arbor , Key Account Manager, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!