Company: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 13, 2022
IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and
proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is
complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious,
creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart
decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform,
people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are
motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential,
as part of one global team. IDT is proud to work alongside a
community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together,
we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing
products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives. Job
Title: Material Manager Location: Ann Arbor, MI Purpose
statement:The Material Manager is responsible for the management of
all aspects of the Integrated Supply Chain and product Kitting and
Packing in Ann Arbor. Applicable areas include Shipping, Receiving,
and limited Procurement Activities. Essential Functions:
- Oversight of all activities related to Shipping and Receiving
operations for Ann Arbor including coordinating material transfers
between IDT sites. -
- Oversite of inventory management and cycle counting. Ensures
that adequate inventory levels are maintained and accurately
- Oversees the kitting, packaging, and distribution of IDT
products. Assures IDT Quality system requirements are met to
achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Organizes the daily workflow and monitors the daily operations
of the Supply Chain and Product Kitting associates.
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves all related issues and
initiates NCR's and Deviations when necessary
- Completes Root Cause and Preventative action statements for
NCR's and CAPA's
- Responsible for the development and monitoring of departmental
quality objectives and KPIs. Develops counter measures and actions
plans to assure objectives remain on-target.
- Follows and updates all work instructions/logs, pertaining to
- Supervises and directs associates which would include hiring,
training, evaluations, and discipline.
- Responsible for associate engagement. Strives to improve the
engagement survey results through execution of the engagement
- Other Duties as assigned by management. Position Specific
- Assists with implementation of new kit products
- Performs mid and end process checks for products and kits
- Manages product inventory levels, recommending changes when
- Performs advanced ERP tasks and troubleshooting, including
BOM/Route creation and validation Education:
- Associate's (2 year) degree or comparable combination of
education and experience required.
- Bachelor's (4 year) degree in a science related field
preferred. - Professional Experience:
- Intermediate ERP experience required; SAP experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Supply Chain Operations.
- Knowledge of department processes and products to make
decisions for custom requests preferred
- Previous leadership experience preferred Other Job
- Ability to understand and follow IOTA, RCRA and DOT regulations
for shipping of hazardous materials.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and complete
them in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to interact in a professional manner with
customers, employees, and all levels of management.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles
and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to maintain both a high standard of courtesy and
cooperation in dealing with co-workers.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
- Ability to encourage and facilitate cooperation, teamwork and
- Ability to accept responsibility for the direction, control or
planning of an activity
- Skill to plan and organize the steps to implement new processes
for custom requests
- Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergent,
critical, or unusual situations, or situation in which working
speed and sustained attention are make-or-break aspects of the
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one
task to another without loss of efficiency or composure. What We
- Shift Differentials (Extra Compensation for less traditional
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options Integrated DNA
Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on
applicants who accept employment offers. When you join us, you'll
also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people
wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an
associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. - Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The
EEO posters are available .We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.If you've
ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find
Keywords: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT), Ann Arbor , Material Manager, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!