Organizational Change Management Consultant
Company: College of Charleston
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 17, 2023
A cover letter and resume are important submissions for the
hiring team to get a sense of your experience. In the cover letter,
in one page or less, please let us know how this role aligns with
your career aspirations and skills. Submit both a cover letter and
resume as one file. Competitive salary available based on
qualifications, experience and education of the selected candidate.
As an OCM Consultant you will play a pivotal role in guiding our
organization through critical transitions and transformations. You
will be responsible for helping staff members embrace changes to
business processes and systems, technologies, job roles, and
structures within the organization, by engaging with University of
Michigan leaders, sponsors, stakeholders, and those impacted by
changes to ensure seamless adoption. Your expertise in change
management methodologies and your ability to communicate
effectively will be essential in fostering a culture of
adaptability and driving successful organizational change. This
includes planning, executing, and coaching diverse project teams on
change management activities that positively impact user awareness,
education, adoption, and sustainment across the life cycle of the
change strategy. The role will require someone capable of managing
multiple highly visible projects, is service-oriented, and has a
demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams
to improve service levels and/or process efficiency. They will
maintain focus and drive results by swiftly adjusting strategies,
navigating ambiguity, and fostering solution-oriented approaches in
a constantly changing environment.
- Lead the application of a large scale change management
approach and methodology for the people impacts of change due to
process development/transformation and/or technology
- Act as a lead contributor to ITS university-wide change
- Assess change readiness and conduct impact analyses to
understand the effect of proposed changes on employees, processes,
and the overall organizational structure, and present findings to
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and
implement communication plans, sponsor roadmaps, stakeholder
assessments, training plans, and resistance management
- Partner with the marketing and communications team to create
compelling communication plans that keep staff informed, and reach
- Identify potential obstacles and resistance to change, and
devise proactive approaches to address.
- Build strong relationships with sponsors, and key stakeholders
at all levels to address concerns, remove barriers, and solicit
support and involvement.
- Facilitate discussions surrounding gaps in process improvement
and make recommendations for change.
- Establish metrics to assess the effectiveness of change
management initiatives, monitor progress, track improvements to
adjust strategies as needed.
- Coach service owners, service managers, and leaders through
change and serve as a liaison in connecting information and
relevant parties with stakeholders.
- May oversee a network of change champions within the
organization to help coordinate efforts and encourage adapting a
change mindset amongst their peers.
- Partner closely with the project management office to ensure
the integration of change management activities within the overall
- Collaborate with performance support analysts to design and
deliver training materials that equip and support employees with
the knowledge and skills needed to successfully adapt to changes
and build the organization's capabilities.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in
- Bachelor's in organizational psychology, business
administration, human resources, organizational development or an
equivalent of education and experience.
- 2-4 years experience leading implementation of complex large
- Strong understanding of change management methodologies, tools,
and best practices.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the
ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with project management approaches and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities, coupled
with a data-driven approach to decision-making.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, with a
strong sense of adaptability and resilience.
- Change management certification (e.g., Prosci, ACMP, ATD) is a
- Previous experience working in an Information Technology
- A keen awareness of change management within the dynamic
landscape of higher education. UM- ITS welcomes a healthy applicant
pool so we encourage all interested applicants to apply. This
position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on
the qualifications of the selected candidate. Physical
Requirements/Work Location Flexible work arrangements are available
and the position is hybrid, based in Ann Arbor, MI, requiring some
days on site due to the collaborative nature of the team. Details
can be worked out with the hiring manager. Benefits at the
University of Michigan In addition to a career filled with purpose
and opportunity, The University of Michigan offers a comprehensive
benefits package to help you stay well, protect yourself and your
family and plan for a secure future. Benefits include: Generous
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching
contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Parental and Maternity Leave Job openings are posted for at
least seven calendar days. The review and selection process may
begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be
removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum
posting period has ended. The University of Michigan is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Keywords: College of Charleston, Ann Arbor , Organizational Change Management Consultant, Executive , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!