NURSING SUPERVISOR (Cardiovascular Center Operating Room)
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Job Summary Coordinate and optimize patient flow across the
OR/PACU in order to promote quality, safety, and appropriate
nursing staff. Act as a liaison for clinical and operational issues
surrounding patient placement in partnership with anesthesia, OR,
and surgical services. Assist the nurse manager in planning and
management of patient care. Provide leadership in the practice of
nursing, emphasizing quality patient care, education and research.
Assist nursing leadership team in planning and managing the
clinical and administrative operations of the CVC OR, including
supervision of the nursing and support staff. Share 24/7
phone/pager coverage that addresses department operational needs.
Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the health of
patients, populations and communities through excellence in
education, patient care, community service, research and technology
development, and through leadership activities in Michigan,
nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our
Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient
care, education and research that together enhance our contribution
to society. Responsibilities*
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external
- Provide effective communication between all team members to
ensure seamless process.
- Assist in staffing schedules. Assist in coordinating between
management and patient care activities consistent with the
University of Michigan Hospital and Health Center mission and goal
- Maintain collaborative/consultative relationship with other
professionals and administrative personnel.
- Provide ongoing assessment and communication of OR and patient
status to OR, PACU and Anesthesia.
- Assess patient volumes and workload intensity in all areas for
coordination and placement of patients.
- Work closely with OR, PACU and Anesthesia Charge to coordinate
staffing with real time activity.
- Act as a liaison between the OR/PACU/Anesthesia department and
patients and families.
- Coordinate the management, preparedness, and cleanliness of the
- Provide continuous communication of OR staffing, on-call,
patient safety and parent concerns.
- Provide Administrative and functional supervisor is exercised
over nursing and support staff as
- delegated by the Clinical Nursing Director. Clinical nurse
supervisor reports directly to the Clinical Nursing Director.
Nursing Specific Info If you have questions regarding this posting
or would like assistance with nursing opportunities please contact
Nurse Recruitment at (734) ###-####. Required Qualifications*
Required Educational Requirements:Applicant must meet one of the
following:* Bachelors of Science in Nursing OR* Associates degree
or diploma in Nursing and a Master's degree in Nursing.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- Minimum five (5) years of Registered Nurse experience.
- Minimum two (2) years (within the last 5 years) RN experience
in an OR setting.
- Evidence of demonstrated or potential leadership ability
including charge nurse, team leader, professional development
framework, management, or ability to perform as role model to
- Unit committee membership
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and problem solving
- Ability to professionally work with a diverse group of people
in a diplomatic and effective manner.
- Evidence of ability to assess, interpret, and analyze clinical
information independently and collaboratively.
- Computer competency including, Word, Excel and the ability to
extract data from University based supported computer data
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to direct nursing practice and apply
nursing judgment to a variety of situations.
- Demonstrated consistent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with administrators,
physicians, peers and subordinates.NOTE: Required qualifications
must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and
considered for the position. RESUME REQUIRED (for both internal &
external applicants): You must attach a complete and accurate
resume to be fully considered for this position. Desired
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Master of Science Nursing
- Consultative and teaching skills.
- Experience with family centered care philosophy.
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Knowledge of the University of Michigan Health System policies
and practice Work Schedule Hours: 40 hours/weekShift: Evening
shift; 12-9p; hours will flex to department needLocation: Frankel
Cardiovascular Center Operating Room Background Screening Michigan
Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug
testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer
and may use a third party administrator to conduct background
screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with
the Fair Credit Report Act. Application Deadline Job openings are
posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be
removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum
posting period has ended. Selection Process Michigan Medicine seeks
to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our
commitment to serve the diverse people of Michigan and to maintain
the excellence of the University. We welcome applications from
anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the University s
research, teaching, and clinical mission, including women, members
of minority groups, protected veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. The Department of Nursing, like the University of
Michigan as a whole, is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination
and equal opportunity for all persons and will not discriminate
against any individual because of race, color, national origin,
age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, disability, religion, height, weight, or veteran
status. U-M EEO/AA Statement The University of Michigan is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Associated topics: ccu,
hospice, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse, psychatric, tcu,
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor , NURSING SUPERVISOR (Cardiovascular Center Operating Room), Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!