NURSING SUPERVISOR (Michigan Visiting Nurse - PACS)
Company: Michigan Medicine
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the health of
patients, populations and communities through excellence in
education, patient care, community service, research and technology
development, and through leadership activities in Michigan,
nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our
Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient
care, education and research that together enhance our contribution
to society. Responsibilities* This position provides direct
supervision and evaluation of staff including: registered nurses,
home infusion nurses, licensed practical nurses, home health aides,
customer service representatives and others as assigned;
facilitating the delivery of effective, cost-efficient, high
quality, professional home care and home infusion services;
implementing department policies and procedures in accordance with
regulatory, accreditation and practice standards; and clinical
management of all relevant clinical programs in collaboration with
the nursing director and others.
- Provides direct supervision and evaluation of infusion nursing
staff including: Training Team, In Home Team and Branch
- Understands and interprets/implements department and MM
policies and procedures in a consistent manner.
- Recruits, interviews and selects nurses and staff. Works
collaboratively with leadership teams in the hiring process.
- Acts as or appoints a case manager for all patients, and
ensures that patient care is being provided in consideration of
quality and financial metrics.
- Assures that patient needs are continually assessed and
oversees the coordination of patient s care. Knowledgeable about
patient caseloads and practice issues of staff.
- Manages team performance based on established metrics, and
using data in decision-making.
- Holds staff accountable to work and productivity
- Performs skilled nursing visits when necessary to meet the
needs of patients.
- Works collaboratively with hospital case managers, other
post-acute care departments, intake, quality, billing and related
departments to coordinate care, build relationships and facilitate
effective discharge planning and provision of patient care.
- Acts as liaison to and evaluates quality of contracted nursing
- Understands and implements bargaining agreements for UMPNC and
AFSCME employees, and managers other staff through the Standard
Practice Guide, as well as PAC, MVN and HomeMed policy.
- Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional verbal
and written communications.
- Assists in developing, implementing and participating in staff
education programs, policies, guidelines orientation and
- Guides and counsels staff in a timely fashion to promote an
understanding of, and compliance with, department policies,
procedures and practice standards. Conducts disciplinary activities
with sensitivity for all staff and in accordance with relevant
labor relations standards.
- Provides leadership to staff in understanding and applying
principles and adoption of evidenced based changes in practice into
daily work. Promotes the integration of research findings into
- Demonstrates desired results in achievement of all relevant
strategic, budgetary and operational targets and objectives.
- Provides weekend, holiday, and evening supervisory coverage as
assigned. Nursing Specific Info Under Michigan Law, a criminal
history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition
of employment or transfer for this position.If you have questions
regarding this posting or would like assistance with nursing
opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734) ###-####.
Required Qualifications* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in
the state of MichiganRequired Educational Requirements:Applicant
must meet one of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing OR
- Associates degree or diploma in Nursing and a Master's degree
- Minimum five (5) years of Registered Nurse experience.
- Minimum two (2) years (within the last 5 years) RN experience
in certified home care or home infusion. NOTE:Required
qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be
interviewed and considered for the position.RESUME REQUIRED (for
both internal & external applicants):You must attach a complete and
accurate resume to be fully considered for this position. Desired
- Previous experience as a health care supervisor, preferably in
certified home care or home infusion.
- Experience with EPIC Home Health software
- Master's degree in Nursing
- Recent adult medical/surgical clinical experience
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proven ability to facilitate change Work Schedule Appointment:
40 Hours; may work weekends, holidays, evenings and on-call as
assigned. Location: Michigan Visiting Nurse- Ann Arbor & satellite
offices Background Screening Michigan Medicine conducts background
screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon
acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party
administrator to conduct background screenings. Background
screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report
Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to all selected
candidates, including new or additional faculty and staff
appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Application Deadline Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven
calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and
filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
Selection Process Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a
diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the
diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the
University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring
additional dimensions to the University s research, teaching, and
clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups,
protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The
Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole,
is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity
for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual
because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
religion, height, weight, or veteran status. U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer. Associated topics: bsn, coronary, hospice,
maternal, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, registered nurse,
Keywords: Michigan Medicine, Ann Arbor , NURSING SUPERVISOR (Michigan Visiting Nurse - PACS), Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!