Nurse Practitioner (NP) Consult-Liaison Psychiatric Service
Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Nurse Practitioner (NP) Consult-Liaison Psychiatric Service
- Search Jobs
- Choose Michigan
- Temporary Employment
- Career Development
- Help and FAQ Mission Statement Michigan Medicine improves the
health of patients, populations and communities through excellence
in education, patient care, community service, research and
technology development, and through leadership activities in
Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by
our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient
care, education and research that together enhance our contribution
to society. Why Join Michigan Medicine? Michigan Medicine is one of
the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the
site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements
since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan
Medicine is comprised of over 30,000--employees and our vision is
to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine,
sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world's most
distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small,
every person here helps to advance this world-class institution.
Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your
very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Plan
- Annual Professional Development Funds
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
- Wellness Plans
- Work/Life Resources Responsibilities*
- Assume primary coverage for select youth on the Child
Consultation/Liaison Psychiatry service including participating in
daily rounds, evaluating patients when consulted by medical
services on the inpatient floors and emergency room at C.S. Mott
Children's Hospital, communicating recommendations to the care
teams, and providing relevant documentation to complete
consultations depending on the service needs.--
- Support mental health education to staff, nursing, nurse
practitioners, physician assistants and physician trainees relating
to common pediatric mental health issues and concerns.
- Serve as an essential part of the multidisciplinary team and
attend team meetings/family meetings/care coordination
meeting/daily huddles to provide clinical care.
- Become involved in quality improvement initiatives with the
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital and the Department of Psychiatry to
promote and enhance Child C/L service delivery and education
- Become involved in the promotion of scholarly work related to
the Child C/L Service as needed. Nursing Specific Info Required
qualifications must be met by the candidate in order to be
interviewed and considered for the position. Posting may be filled
after the initial 5-day posting period. Applicants who have left
the UMPNC bargaining unit must include on their resume dates of
past employment including months and years of service along with
effort. Positions less than 20 hours/week may be combined. If you
have questions regarding this posting or would like assistance with
nursing opportunities please contact Nurse Recruitment at (734)
936-5183. Nursing Specific Info Employment is contingent upon
successful completion of the credentialing and privileging process.
- Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse and Nurse
Practitioner specialty certification in the State of Michigan.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program.
- Certification as a Nurse Practitioner recognized by the
National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN).
- Current specialty certification as a Pediatric Nurse
Practitioner (PNP-AC or PNP-PC) or Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
- Current DEA registration or ability to obtain-- NOTE:*
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the
credentialing and privileging process.* Required qualifications
must be met by the candidate in order to be interviewed and
considered for the position.** Under Michigan Law, a criminal
history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition
of employment or transfer for this position. RESUME REQUIRED (for
both internal & external applicants):--You must attach a complete
and accurate resume to be fully considered for this position.
- One or more years of psychiatric clinical experience.
- Pediatric Mental Health Certification
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience in pediatric
- Ability to use developmentally appropriate language with
children at a variety of developmental stages
- A background providing care at the interface of pediatric
medicine and child psychiatry is preferable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
skills as measured by references and interviews.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage time well in a
busy work environment and demonstrated problem solving
- Commitment to clinical care, quality improvement and
- Demonstrated leadership in work setting and other professional
- Demonstrated high level of critical thinking and medical
knowledge by using current medical information and scientific
evidence for patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to share clinical care ideas and
collaborate across multiple patient care services and to
communicate assertively as a patient advocate.
- Must reflect a professional appearance and demeanor and possess
excellent customer service skills. Work Schedule Hours: 40--hours
per weekShifts: This role will require rotating on to several
shifts with a priority to cover evenings and weekends. The position
will also provide coverage for other nurse practitioners on the
Consult Service who may need to be off service for vacation or
conference time. There will be a brief orientation and training
period prior to starting rotating shifts. Additional Information
This position may be filled using an FLSA exempt or non-exempt
designation. Union Affiliation This position is covered under the
collective bargaining agreement between the U-M and the Michigan
Nurses Association and the U-M Professional Nurse Council union,
which contains and settles all matters with respect to wages,
benefits, hours and other terms and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment
drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job
offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background
screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with
the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to
all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and
staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M campuses.
Selection Process Michigan Medicine seeks to recruit and retain a
diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the
diverse people of Michigan and to maintain the excellence of the
University. We welcome applications from anyone who would bring
additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching, and
clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups,
protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The
Department of Nursing, like the University of Michigan as a whole,
is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity
for all persons and will not discriminate against any individual
because of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability,
religion, height, weight, or veteran status. U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
- Job Opening ID 196154
- Working Title Nurse Practitioner (NP) Consult-Liaison
- Job Title NP MEDICAL SUBSPECIALTY TIER 2
- Work Location Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
- Full/Part Time Full-Time
- Regular/Temporary Regular
- FLSA Status Exempt
- Organizational Group Um Hospital
- Department MM Child Psych
- Posting Begin/End Date 4/02/2021 - 4/09/2021
- Paid Time Off Yes
- Pay Grade Nurses Pay Grade NP4
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Nurse Practitioner (NP) Consult-Liaison Psychiatric Service, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!