Posted on: April 10, 2021
Medi-Centrix offers a physician-focused approach to revenue cycle
management, data extraction, and decision support. We help
physicians navigate the healthcare landscape as it evolves and
prepare you for participation in value-based care arrangements and
bundled payment models. To ensure that our strategy and
deliverables continue to address the most pressing needs of today's
physician community, we rely on our Physician Advisory Board to
provide valuable insights.
The Physician Biller is responsible for charge capture and claim
Duties And Responsibilities
- Reviews Physician Office Charge entry to ensure that all
charges for each date of service have been captured.
- Where appropriate, completes charge corrections into billing
system based off office documentation.
- Meets and maintains daily productivity standards established in
- Meets and maintains quality standards established in
- Adheres to the policies and procedures established for the
- With working knowledge of the insurance follow-up process with
understanding of the fundamental concepts in healthcare
reimbursement methodologies, verifies and ensures that the patients
demographics are properly entered in the host system, corrects when
necessary and verifies that proper authorizations are entered.
- Perform special projects and other duties as needed. Assists
with special projects by utilizing excel spreadsheets, and the
ability to communicate results.
- Basic knowledge of healthcare claims submissions and processing
including: ICD-10, CPT, and HCPC codes, LCD guidelines, rejections,
clearinghouse, as well as 1500 forms.
- Ability to analyze, identify and resolve issues which may be
causing payer payment delays
- Act cooperatively and courteously with patients, visitors,
co-workers, management and clients.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain a professional attitude.
- Other duties as assigned by the management team.
- Previous experience in Hospital/Facility or Physician billing :
at least 1 year
- Experience with EClinical Works or EPIC PB preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of various types of insurance plans, CPT,
ICD-10, billing guidelines.
- Strong understanding of professional claim invoicing such CMS
1500 and EDI (Electronic Data Interchange).
- Skilled with clearinghouse rejections, demographics, and
- Understanding how to read an EOB
- Ability to work well individually and in a team
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Strong communication skills/oral and written
- Strong organizational skills, with a strong attention to
General office environment -
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to move around the work area
- Sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office
equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones;
extend arms; kneel; talk and hear
- The employee must be able to follow directions, to get along
with others, and handle stress
- The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal
Medi-Centrix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Medi-Centrix complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location where the company has facilities. This
policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Medi-Centrix, Ann Arbor , Physician Biller-EDI, Healthcare , Clinton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!