Company: Center for Family Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
The Center for Family Health currently has a position open for a
Medical Assistant. This is a full-time, non-exempt position that
requires experience and/or education as a Medical Assistant.
Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
environment are necessary for success in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares patients for examinations and treatments by completing
medical history, and other required forms; collect and record
patient vital signs and POCT.
- Set up rooms with necessary equipment and supplies as
appropriate for procedures; explains processes to patients,
provides relevant materials to patients as appropriate.
- Carries out provider orders at time of provider visit or in
follow up. This may include injections, breathing treatment, EKG,
weight check and blood pressure monitoring in accordance with CFH
policy and guidelines.
- Process prescriptions per provider's order.
- Conducts and follows up on lab tests as directed by
- Explains tests and testing procedures to patients.
- Assists providers during procedures and chaperones as
- Ensures all specimens are properly labeled; reviews test
results, completes related paperwork and assures results are
available to providers and documented in patient record.
- Cleans and sterilizes lab test equipment and
- Keeps exam rooms cleaned and fully stocked.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work
practices and instructions.
- CMA or RMA preferred.
- Previous medical assistant experience.
- Routine testing/training on various job related skills and
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills both written and
- Ability to work effectively with clinical staff and
The Center for Family Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
applicants have equal opportunities of employment irrespective of
their race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental
disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or protected veteran
status, and any other legally protected class except when these
factors constitute bona fide occupational qualifications.
Keywords: Center for Family Health, Ann Arbor , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!