RN - Emergency
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 11, 2022
10,000 sign on bonusGENERAL SUMMARY: The clinical nurse, under
the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing
process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating
patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse
provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse
Leader according to Beaumont policies and procedures.ESSENTIAL
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC)
model:Treats individuals with dignity and respectShares complete
and unbiased information with patients and their familiesEncourages
and supports patient and family participation in their carePartners
and collaborates with patients, families, and team members to
ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
- Supports and contributes towards the BH culture:Brings best
self to work each dayIs highly engagedReflects a team oriented
approachStrives for excellenceTreats patients, families, and
co-workers with compassionate, extraordinary care every day
- Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture
Environment:Encourage employees to report safety and quality
concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems
and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening.Just
Culture is about creating an environment where employees are
encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and
quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in
pursuit of our mission.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules including universal precautions
- reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors,
and participates in organizational and departmental safety
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all timesSTANDARD QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.Education / Training:
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N.,
B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD if not minimum BSN prepared, new
graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year experience is required
to sign an educational contract upon hire to complete BSN within
specified timeframe and adhere to contract stipulations. RN must
enroll in an accredited BSN program within one (1) year of hire
date and complete within the next three (3) years. This is
effective September 1, 2017.Specialty Certification highly
recommended after 2 years in specialty.Work Experience: As required
by job postingCertification, Licensure, Registration: RN with
active license in State of MichiganOther Qualifications: Current
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by
department.Critical Care: ACLS within 6 months of
hire/transferEmergency Care: ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer,
TNCC and ENPC within 12 and 15 months of hire/transfer
respectively.NICU NRP within 6 months of hire/transferPediatrics:
PALS within 12 months of hire/transferFamily Birth Center: NRP
within 6 months of hire/transferFamily Birth Center: EFM within 1
year of hire/transferMother Baby Care: NRP within 6 months of
hire/transferPre-Op and PACU requires ACLS and PALS within 6 months
of hireEndoscopy: ACLS requiredRadiology: ACLS within 6 months of
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Ann Arbor , RN - Emergency, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!