RN - Critical Care Float - Dearborn
Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Registered NurseFull time/Afternoons***Beaumont is now offering
$10,000 sign-on Bonus for Full time RNs*** Apply now to connect
with a RecruiterThis position floats to the Critical Care units
within Beaumont-DearbornGeneral Summary:The clinical nurse, under
the ANA scope of practice utilizes the framework of the nursing
process to provide professional nursing care by incorporating
patient-family centered care principles. The Clinical Nurse
provides quality patient care under the direction of the Nurse
Leader according to Beaumont policies and
procedures.StandardQualifications:To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.Education / Training: Graduate of
an accredited school of nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N.,
DNP/PhD if not minimum BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less
than one (1) year experience is required to sign an educational
contract upon hire to complete BSN within specified timeframe and
adhere to contract stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited
BSN program within one (1) year of hire date and complete within
the next three (3) years. This is effective September 1,
2017.Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
specialty.Work Experience: As required by job postingCertification,
Licensure, Registration: RN with active license in State of
MichiganOther Qualifications: Current American Heart Association or
American Red CrossBLS for Healthcare Providers certification and
other certifications as required by department.Critical Care: ACLS
within 6 months of hire/transferEssential Duties:
- Applies the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation and discharge needs of
- Applies the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice, and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognizes the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partners with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provides quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Provides assistance to individuals in a manner that takes into
account their special needs, age-related and cultural-related
- Recognizes the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegates appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Documents in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring
peers and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Completes a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participates in department based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family and partners in care.
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.This document represents
the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job,
and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and
functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may
be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
- Supports the Mission, Value and Vision of Beaumont Health (BH).
Demonstrates personal commitment through active involvement in the
performance improvement process.
- Supports the Patient and Family-Centered Care (PFCC)
model:Treats individuals with dignity and respectShares complete
and unbiased information with patients and their familiesEncourages
and supports patient and family participation in their carePartners
and collaborates with patients, families, and team members to
ensure an excellent and positive patient experience
- Supports and contributes towards the BH culture:Brings best
self to work each dayIs highly engagedReflects a team oriented
approachStrives for excellenceTreats patients, families, and
co-workers with compassionate, extraordinary care every day
- Supports and contributes towards the BH Just Culture
Environment:Encourage employees to report safety and quality
concerns and encourage their participation in redesigning systems
and processes to minimize the risks of errors from happening.Just
Culture is about creating an environment where employees are
encouraged to do the right thing, including reporting safety and
quality concerns, so that we do not compromise our values in
pursuit of our mission.
- Exhibits excellent customer service skills and behaviors toward
internal and external customers and co-workers. Promotes positive
public relations with patients/residents, family members, guests,
- Supports and adheres to all Beaumont Health's customer service,
service excellence, and performance standards. Supports and
participates with all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organizations
including in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and
- Adheres to HIPAA requirements and maintains confidentiality of
all data, including patient/resident, employee and operations
- Supports and participates in a collaborative team oriented
environment cooperates and works together with all co-workers,
plans and completes job duties, uses appropriate communications in
sensitive and emotional situations and follows up as appropriate
regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Supports, cooperates with and demonstrates safe work practices
and attitudes, follows safety rules including universal precautions
- reports and prevents/corrects unsafe conditions and behaviors,
and participates in organizational and departmental safety
- Completes all required compliance standards that may be
department specific and/or identified by the organization.
- Maintains current licensure, registration and/or certification,
as applicable, at all times
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Ann Arbor , RN - Critical Care Float - Dearborn, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!