Community Health Workers
Company: Center for Family Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition Summary:The Community Health Worker will
be responsible for working directly with patients and their
families to help them navigate and access community services, other
resources, and adopt healthy behaviors. This position will also be
responsible for promoting and supporting patient and provider
shared decision-making in pursuit of behavior and lifestyle
modifications that improve health status and quality of
life.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists patients in identifying and securing health and human
- Provides information and assistance with enrollment to public
assistance, disability programs, and other various services.
- Arrange transportation and other services related to health
- Follows up with patients via phone, home visits and visits to
other settings where patients can be found to assure comprehensive
and coordinated care.
- Provides crisis intervention support to patients by identifying
issues related to patient health, to assist patients in securing
and following through on mental and physical health care and assess
crisis situations and intervene as appropriate to ensure patient
- Assist patients in navigating health care system.
- Utilization management and patient care coordination in
conjunction with hospital emergency department, health plans,
- Work cooperatively with other staff including providers in
coordinating patient care and pursuing team-based approaches to
- Engage patients/families in the development/maintenance and
activation of a comprehensive treatment and self-management
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work
practices and instructions.
- Assist with building relationships in the community with
outreach and other similar services.
Keywords: Center for Family Health, Ann Arbor , Community Health Workers, Healthcare , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!