Administrative Secretary (Population Health) - Jackson, MI
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Under direct supervision from a leader on the Leadership Salary
Plan grade up to and including M07, performs secretarial duties
such as typing routine correspondence and forms, maintaining files,
distributing mail, and so forth. Work is planned and checked by
supervisor. Uses discretion and judgment when screening visitors
and telephone calls, making necessary grammatical or spelling
changes in correspondence, and organizing own work load to meet
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Types memos, correspondence, reports and various routine forms,
and makes changes in grammar, punctuation or spelling as needed.
Organizes workload to comply with deadlines and established
* Maintains non-complex departmental record keeping and filing
systems, including records related to personnel, payroll,
attendance, work and purchase orders, and so forth.
* Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls, and notifies
appropriate personnel or records messages. Responds to general
inquiries concerning department/unit activities and operations by
relating to established policies and procedures.
* Maintains department calendar. Schedules meetings and
appointments. Makes routine travel or conference arrangements as
* Opens, sorts, records and distributes mail.
* Posts information to records and logs, maintains established
files, and prepares various adhoc reports according to directions
* Performs related general office duties, such as monitoring and
ordering standard supplies, operating office copier, collating and
assembling documents, accepting and delivering interdepartmental
correspondence, and so forth.
* May be responsible for performing duties such as typing patient
related documents, gathering information from patients to relate to
physicians, maintaining patient files, and scheduling patient for
surgery, tests and appointments.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
* Requires a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
* One (1) year of experience within an office setting
* Literacy and experience working with Microsoft Software Programs
* Previous experience scheduling appointments/maintaining calendars
* Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate
effectively with callers and visitors, and provide information
requiring ordinary courtesy and tact.
* Ability to distribute departmental mail and other materials.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Administrative Secretary (Population Health) - Jackson, MI, Healthcare , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!