Quality Administrator - Clinics
Company: Macomb County Community Mental Health
Posted on: August 7, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARYUnder the direction, is responsible for
quality-based initiatives within Macomb County Community Mental
Health Direct Operated Services. Acts as a liaison for the division
in implementing policies and procedure related to health care
services in Direct Operated Services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESDevelopment of a
comprehensive ongoing quality assurance program throughout the
Direct Operated Clinics.Assists with development and implementation
of annual quality goals within Direct Operated Services.Assists
with implementation of service delivery standards within the MCCMH
Direct Operated Services, ensuring that Direct Operated Services
are implemented consistently at all sites.Assists in identifying,
interviewing, and hiring clinical and support staff within the
MCCMH Direct Operated Services.Assists in monitoring the day-to-day
clinic operations of each MCCMH Direct Operated Service, including
office coverage, scheduling, IT issues, and building issues.Reviews
MCCMH Finance and Billing procedures and ensures that Direct
Operated Services are capturing all billable services and utilizing
billing codes correctly.Assists in quality assurance reviews
covering areas such as clinical documentation, processes and
timeliness.Identifies and analyzes trends related to Direct
Operated Services smart numbers.Schedules and coordinates monthly
quality meetings within Direct Operated Services, including
maintaining minutes of meetings and providing feedback related to
department quality goals.Reviews and analyzes staff productivity
data, identifying trends and makes recommendations for areas for
improvement.Assists with the identification and measurement of gaps
and limitations in the MCCMH Direct Operated Services.Monitors key
performance indicators for Direct Operated Services, including
making recommendations to improve performance.Monitors chart
reviews, satisfaction surveys, works in conjunction with team
members in developing reports and presents findings to the Director
of Community and Behavior Health.Participates in all internal and
external audits and accreditations including CARF, Waiver, MDHHS,
etc.Provides Macomb County Community Mental Health representation
and presentations of projects at work groups as assigned.Performs
other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Doctorate in
Psychology or a directly related mental health field from an
accredited college or university.
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience with
persons with serious mental illness, developmental disability, or
serious emotional disturbance.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as a supervisor
and/or manager of professional staff.
Preferred Education and Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years of clinical experience with persons
with serious mental illness, developmental disability, or serious
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a supervisor
and/or manager of professional staff.
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional
Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Psychologist (LP).
- Possession of required state licensure appropriate to position
and ability to meet privileging and credentialing guidelines.
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license and operable,
insured automobile for authorized travel.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
- Addiction Counselor and/or CAC-Certified Addiction
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIESKnowledge of:
- Michigan Mental Health Code, its rules and regulations, and
Program and Policy Guidelines of the Michigan Department of Mental
- Michigan Department of Mental Health efforts to unify public
mental health system.
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications.
- Knowledge of billing practices for Medicaid, Healthy Michigan,
MIHealth Link and other funding sources.
- Knowledge of third-party insurance procedures and
- Knowledge of Medicare insurance procedures and
- Thorough understanding of the American Physicians Association
CPT AND HCPC code definitions and uses.
- Knowledge of Michigan Mental Health Code and provided
- Knowledge of financial information on patient resources.
- Knowledge of credit collection laws and procedures.
- Knowledge of what constitutes legal liability.Skill in:
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Analyzing voluminous information and compile synopsis and
reports concisely and clearly.
- Using good professional judgement and initiative.Ability to:
- Ability to manage data collection/assessment and prepare lucid
- Collaborative: Approaches all situations with a teamwork and
solution focused mindset demonstrated through active participation
in meetings, volunteering to assist teammates and other departments
as appropriate. Examples include participation in internal and
external committees, subcommittees, process improvement groups or
other multi-organizational initiatives.
- Accountable: Takes ownership and empowers others to do the same
as evidenced by identifying solutions and acting on job
responsibilities and organizational objectives, daily.
- Respectful: Treats people with dignity while honoring
individual differences demonstrated through use of positive and
encouraging statements and/or interactions to, about and/or with
colleagues and persons served; evidenced by supervisor observation,
feedback from other department staff and leadership.
- Effectively speak, write, and understand the English.
- Effectively speak, write, and understand a language other than
English is preferred.
- Understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Work independentlyJob Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 - $44.00 per hourSchedule:
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Clinton Township, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)Education:
- Master's (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Macomb County Community Mental Health, Ann Arbor , Quality Administrator - Clinics, Healthcare , Clinton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!