Company: University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Center
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and
communities through excellence in education, patient care,
community service, research and technology development, and through
leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three
critical components; patient care, education and research that
together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in
the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and
technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical
School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over
30,000employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop
outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become
one of the worlds most distinguished academic health systems. In
some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this
world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a
victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your
very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
Provide short-term care and transport of an in-patient during
intra-hospital transport for diagnostic tests and procedures.
Characteristic duties and responsibilities include but are not
- Observe, monitor and document patient condition, including
vital signs and report changes to the medically responsible health
- Measures, reports, and records vital signs, manually and per
monitor (vital signs are to be taken as prescribed or by
- Informs responsible nurse immediately of abnormal
- Must be able to identify the following arrhythmias:
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Multiple PVCs
- Document findings on the SWAT nursing flow sheet and centricity
as outlined in the Documentation Policy.
- Provide for the safety of self, patients and others by
adherence to the hospitals safety guidelines, policies, and
- Uses equipment correctly, per unit policy.
- Clean equipment and work area.
- Transport, ambulate, move and lift patients.
- Assist in positioning patients for procedures, i.e., MRI, CT
scanners, ultrasound, etc.
- Provide comfort measures for patients to include provision of
blankets, hot/cold packs, pillows, etc.
- Current Michigan Licensure as an EMT-P.
- 2 years recent (within one year) experience as a paramedic
- ?Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as evidenced by progressive
responsibility in ED / pre-hospital setting.
- Excellent clinical skills including but not limited to IV
insertion, veni-puncture, and arrhythmia recognition.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure of
- Current Basic Life Support Provider verification.
- Able to make a minimum of one-year commitment to SWAT
- Advanced cardiac Life Support Provider (ACLS).
- Clinical pediatric experience.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider
- Neonatal Advanced Life Support Provider
- Three or more years as a ALS provider in the hospital
- Mobile ICU experience or CCEMTP
Licensure & Certification
Current licensure as a Paramedic (A-EMT) by the State of Michigan
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment
drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job
offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background
screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with
the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug testing applies to
all selected candidates, including new or additional faculty and
staff appointments, as well as transfers from other U-M
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The
review and selection process maybegin as early as the eighth day
after posting.Thisopening may be removed from posting boards and
filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters , are required for all
University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all
campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working
remotely. More information on this new policy is available on the
website or the and websites.
Job Opening ID
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
MM Nsg Clin Support SWAT
Posting Begin/End Date
9/14/2022 - 9/28/2022
Patient Care Services
Keywords: University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Center, Ann Arbor , Paramedic, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!