Associate Division Head - Urgent Care
Company: Trinity Health - IHA
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 23, 2022
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Associate Division Head - Urgent Care
(ADH-UC) is principally responsible for overseeing the clinical and
professional aspects of the IHA Urgent Care and working with the
Associate Division Director-Urgent Care (ADD-UC), Regional Practice
Managers, Division Head and the clinical lead to assist in
developing and operationalizing the vision and strategy for the
Urgent Care Division. The Associate Division Heads partners include
the ADD-UC, DH-UC, ADHs-UC, DD-UC and regional practice managers
and, collectively, they oversee and are responsible for all aspects
of practice operations and support in provider recruitment as
needed. The ADH-UC will take a lead role in results management,
Emergency preparedness, digital health, training new providers in
all aspects of UC medicine, aiming toward EMR efficiencies, a
strong patient experience and sound clinical medicine. ESSENTIAL
JOB FUNCTIONS: The following job functions may not be the
responsibility of all ADH-UCs. In addition to the responsibilities
listed below, some ADH-UCs will be assigned work that has more
focused, Region-specific responsibilities, such as Education Lead,
Quality /Efficiency/Staff experience, Digital Health/Patient
experience. Leadership Responsibilities Assures that all providers
pursue their service to patients and caregivers according to IHAs
mission, core values, provider compact and priorities.
- Collaborates as needed with the CMO, Division Head, ADH-UC,
Division Director, ADD-UC, Associate Division Heads of Quality,
Associate Division Heads of IT, Site Medical Directors and
- Implements systems and/or programs that address quality,
utilization and performance opportunities.
- Promotes the growth, development and success of Urgent Care
- Leads innovation in service delivery. Advocates for process
improvement across the Division, including a focus on improving
patient, provider and staff experience scores.
- May assume the role of Provider Champion for the Division in
the Provider and Staff Experience committee.
- Participates in committees as assigned.
- Actively participates in Leadership Development. Management
- Works with Division Head and Operations to identify Division
needs and opportunities for increased service, quality, efficiency
- Monitors patient feedback via Clockwise and Qualtrix to glean
opportunities and shares feedback with providers as needed.
- Actively participates in monthly meeting planning and follow up
- Participates in Orientation and 90-day review of new
- Assists in training of new providers - physicians and APPs with
focus on efficiency.
- Works on-site during administrative times, aside from meetings,
to precept newer providers while doing administrative duties.
- Works with Regional Program Manager to address site-specific
concerns within assigned region.
- Rotating on-call every third or fourth week to include: Call
Center coverage and provider scheduling of urgent staffing
- Takes lead in quarterly Emergency Preparedness workshops.
- Takes lead in managing in-basket.
- Assists in digital health offerings, to include E-visits and
Video visits assisting with provider scheduling, on-boarding and
growing reach of digital health service line. Compliance and
- In collaboration with the Division Head and the Divisional
leadership, ensures high quality patient care through a combination
of quality improvement initiatives and patient care quality
- In collaboration with the Division Head, works to ensure that
quality indicators used for recognition and developmental purposes
are met. Communication Responsibilities
- Communicates IHA priorities to Divisional leadership; assures
that the organizational and divisional interests are communicated
and understood within IHA. Facilitates effective communication with
other Divisions and support services.
- Attends all meetings as required. Fiscal Responsibilities
- Monitors key metrics across the Division to include throughout
metrics, appropriate ED referrals, quality metrics, and patient,
staff and provider experience scores. Other Responsibilities
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned. ESSENTIAL
- MD or DO degree
- Valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State
of Michigan; Board certification in internal medicine; Medical
staff appointments at St. Joseph Mercy Hospital; a member of, or
eligible for, a faculty appointment at the University of Michigan
Medical Center. Advanced Practice Nurse (APN)
- Masters degree in Nursing
- State of Michigan Nurse Practitioner license
- Certified through the National board depending on
- State of Michigan license as a RN and specialty certification
as a Nurse Practitioner Physicians Assistant
- Bachelors degree
- Certified though the National Commission on Certification of
Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- State of Michigan license as a Physicians Assistant MINIMUM
EXPERIENCE: Must have a minimum of 5 years clinical experience.
Active practicing provider dedicated to maintaining a .2 FTE
clinical role. POSITION REQUIREMENTS (ABILITIES & SKILLS):
- Skilled at establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with physicians, practitioners and staff
- Creates a positive professional, service-oriented work
environment for staff, patients and family members by supporting
the IHA CARES mission, core values statement, vision and the IHA
- Proficient at establishing personal and professional
credibility, while gaining respect and building confidence within
and outside of the organization. He/she will be viewed as highly
engaged and visible in Urgent Care sites. Manages personal
professional development, appropriate licensure/certification and
continuing education credentials. Participates in ongoing learning
- Able to articulate and embrace IHAs values and vision, and this
person should be respected for their integrity, adaptability,
dependability, maturity, professionalism, judgment and
- This individual should be a natural leader who maintains a
sense of humility, while showing a consistent pattern of adding
recognizable value to each encounter he/she will face. Gains action
on a broad scale by exercising a high degree of initiative,
judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve IHA
- An innate ability to assemble and mentor exceptional physician
executive and administrative leadership teams that work with
passion to develop, refine and accelerate day to day improvement
and growth activities including enhancement of the patient
experience in concert with improved productivity and
- Must be a superior communicator, seen as direct and truthful.
He/she must possess exceptional confidence when articulating all
relevant parties perspectives. Effectively engages with providers
by providing valuable insights and logical explanations when faced
with difficult questions
- Brings a level of empathy and values the impact made on the
lives of patients and providers through the effective delivery of
- Ability to effectively supervise and manage other leaders
within the program as well as provide feedback and guidance to all
providers and staff in the division.
- Knowledge of patient care procedures and organizational
policies related to position responsibilities.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels of
organizational members and diverse populations including President,
Chief Medical Officer, Chief Quality Officer, Chief Operating
Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Associate Division Head for
Quality, other Associate Division Heads, Division Directors,
Associate Division Directors, IHA Providers, IHA Administrators,
Practice Managers, IHA staff, as well as external customers
including patients, family members, vendors, guests, area
physicians, SJMHS hospital divisions, SJMHS and UMHS
Keywords: Trinity Health - IHA, Ann Arbor , Associate Division Head - Urgent Care, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!