Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Full-time day shift offering a $10,000 sign on bonus!
Improve health, instill humanity and inspire hope. That's just the
beginning of the difference you can make when you join our team of
Registered Nurses with RN Choice at Beaumont Hospital Grosse
Pointe! - -
Beaumont Grosse Pointe is offering a unique recruitment program
which allows recently graduated nurses the opportunity to accept a
nursing position and orient on all Medical/Surgical units. -Once
that portion of the orientation is complete (ie: -a one-week
rotation through each of the units) the applicant will be able to
decide where he/she completes the remainder of the orientation.
Submit your application now and a TA Consultant will reach out to
you to discuss further. We look forward to speaking with you!
As a Registered Nurse, under the ANA scope of practice, you will
utilize the framework of the nursing process to provide
professional nursing care by incorporating patient-family centered
care principles. The Registered Nurse provides quality patient care
under the direction of the Nurse Leader according to Beaumont
policies and procedures. -
Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your
financial, health and life-work balance goals.
- NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
- Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible
- Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of
products and services
- Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
- Relocation assistance
- Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify
theft protection and even home and auto insurance
- Free onsite parking at all campuses
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. - The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: - Graduate of an accredited school of
nursing. Diploma, A.D.N., B.S.N., M.S.N., DNP/PhD - if not minimum
BSN prepared, new graduate/nurse with less than one (1) year
experience is required to sign an educational contract upon hire to
complete BSN within specified timeframe and adhere to contract
stipulations. RN must enroll in an accredited BSN program within
one (1) year of hire date and complete within the next three (3)
years. - This is effective September 1, 2017.
Specialty Certification highly recommended after 2 years in
- Work Experience: - - As required by job posting -
- Certification, Licensure, Registration: RN with active license
in State of Michigan
- Other Qualifications: -
- Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers
certification and other certifications as required by
- ACLS within 6 months of hire/transfer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: - - - - -
- Apply the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, evaluation, and discharge needs of
- Apply the Core Concepts of Patient- and Family-Centered Care
(PFCC) in practice and uses this knowledge to personalize care for
- Recognize the impact of nursing care and patient/family
partnerships on patient outcomes.
- Partner with and utilizes patient/family input and goals in
planning plan of care.
- Provide quality care that meets or exceeds the expectations of
value (core measures, quality matrix, patient experience, fiscally
- Aid individuals in a manner that considers their special needs,
age-related and cultural-related needs.
- Recognize the roles of the interdisciplinary team, patient and
family care partners and utilizes them appropriately as resources
in planning patient care.
- Delegate appropriate tasks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and competently performs technical
procedures and uses equipment properly.
- Document in the patient record in a timely, accurate and
concise manner. - Develops teaching strategies for patient/family;
documents education and learning appropriately in health
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and
is responsible for continuing personal education, mentoring peers,
and educating patients and families.
- Stays up to date with current health system initiatives and
incorporates evidence-based practice and research into practice.
Maintains current knowledge in area of clinical practice.
- Complete a self-appraisal that includes professional goals
annually and completes peer review.
- Participate in department-based activities, staff meetings and
- Actively participates in hand offs of care, including the
patient, family, and partners in care.
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and embraces cultural
traditions and lore of community served.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and
authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list
of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore,
that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond
those explicitly described.
- Physical Effort:
Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb.
objects with assist of others, occasional requires ability to lift
objects more than 50 lbs. with others, constantly lift objects up
to 20 lbs. And frequently lift to 40 lbs.
- Manual Dexterity
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing. Position requires incumbent to frequently perform
moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning
Position requires incumbent to constantly perform gross body
coordination such as walking. Frequently perform tasks which
require hand-eye coordination such as assisting patients to eat,
collections of specimens for transport to lab and tasks which
require arm-hand steadiness such as taking patients temps and
Position requires incumbent to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods, frequently bend such as
when caring for a patient in bed.
- Visual Discrimination
Position requires incumbent to constantly see objects far away as
in driving and see close objects such as reading thermometers.
Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal
sound with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom.
Frequently be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
- Work Environment:
- Employee may be frequently exposed to electro-magnetic
radiations as in VDTs. Occasionally exposed to hazardous material
other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins,
cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud
and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or
poisonous substances. Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue,
or fluids. Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease,
oil, and radiation.
- Potential risk of an exposure to hazardous medications or waste
materials of hazardous medications.
Beaumont, Grosse Pointe
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in
the nation, Beaumont, Grosse Pointe is a Magnet --designated
facility that provides exceptional nursing and advanced medical,
surgical, emergency, obstetric and critical care services for
patients throughout the greater Grosse Pointe area. This facility
is home to The James and Patricia Anderson Surgical Center, a
leading-edge, hybrid surgical unit that offers advanced
technologies to perform a wide array of procedures ranging from
traditional to minimally invasive approaches. And, the Cotton
Family Birth Center has received the Baby Friendly - designation by
Beaumont Health grants equal employment opportunity to all
qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin,
sex, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital
status, height, weight, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. -
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you
and your career. - Apply Now!
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Ann Arbor , RN Choice, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!