Respiratory Therapist II FT $10k Sign-On
Company: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Employment Type:Full timeShift:Description:*New Hires Eligible
for up to $10k Sign On Bonus*Registered Respiratory Therapist who
is responsible for performing various therapeutic procedures
including advanced practice procedures such as, but not restricted
to operating balloon pumps, working in NICU, performing Pulmonary
Function testing, "PFT", etc. Participates in orientation of staff
and student training programs for SJMHS which is a teaching
institution representing the Respiratory Care department.Essential
duties and Responsibilities
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and guiding
behaviors of SJMHS
- Provides professional leadership in the delivery of patient
- Uses "AIDET" principles when interfacing/treating every patient
throughout the organization. (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration,
Explanation, Thank You).
- Where appropriate, with each patient interaction, uses the
concept of "Managing Up" - a form of communication that positions
information, a person, or team in a positive manner.
- Provides a consistent experience to patients, families,
visitors and internal customers by using "Key Words at Key Times."
Specifically, uses key words to help patients to understand what is
happening with their care, help internal customers understand their
service better, and build relationships.
- Serves as a consultant, resource person, and role model
representing respiratory care in the health system committees or
work groups as needed.
- Maintains the confidentiality of information according to HIPPA
- Facilitates good rapport and cooperative relationships
approaching conflict in a constructive manner.
- Helps to identify problems, offer solutions, and participate in
- Maintains safe respiratory therapy practices; alerts management
of any safety issues or concerns.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Respiratory
Therapist per AARC guidelines obtains and maintains competencies
per RT II orientation. Some examples below: Cardiopulmonary arrest
situations Other emergency situations
- Participates in patient rounds Ensure treatments are provided
in accordance with physician orders and approved medical
- Ensures that equipment is in safe operating condition and
contacts repair personnel or Charge therapists as appropriate Based
on clinical assessment of patient situations, suggests changes in
therapies, etc., to medical staff to benefit cardiopulmonary
- Demonstrates knowledge of procedure(s) for oxygen and medical
- Maintains knowledge of and reviews pertinent hospital and all
departmental policies and procedures.
- Prioritizes and addresses conflicting requests for respiratory
- Provides high quality patient care considering age specific,
developmental and cultural needs through competent practice and
application of the respiratory care practice process.
- Demonstrates annual unit/area competencies
- Participates in new educational programs and equipment/
- Facilitates instruction of staff or students during clinical
training, providing feedback when applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.Supplemental Duties and
ResponsibilitiesCompletes Health Stream yearly on a timely basis
per SJMHS standardsResponsible for own education for professional
growth and maintains log of activities.EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
LICENSUREEducation:Graduate of a two year advanced practitioner
-Accredited Respiratory Therapist program: Registry
eligible.Maintain current RRT credentialMaintain valid State of
Michigan License in Respiratory CareREQUIRED SKILLS AND
ABLILITESConsistently exhibits interpersonal skills necessary to
effectively communicate with patients, physicians and other health
personnel and department management during all situations and
inline with our mission and values.Utilizes analytical skills
necessary to identify patient's needs.Possesses and exhibits the
ability concentrate and pay close attention to detail for up to
100% of wk time.Ability to walk and stand for approximately 60% of
work time and to lift, pull, push and carry portable equipment
weighing up to 20 poundsREPORTING RELATIONSHIPSGeneral supervision
is received from Charge Therapists and reports up to the Manager
and Director of the Respiratory Care Department.Our Commitment to
Diversity and InclusionTrinity Health is a family of 115,000
colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25
states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are
trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions,
language preferences, and health practices of the communities that
we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health
outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of
thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often
lead to innovative solutions.Our dedication to diversity includes a
unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment,
retention, and development), commitment and accountability,
communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Keywords: Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, Ann Arbor , Respiratory Therapist II FT $10k Sign-On, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!