Company: Beaumont Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: March 17, 2023
PART TIME GENERAL SUMMARY: Under site designate leader, and
according to established policies and procedures performs accurate
and efficient Mammography exams utilizing appropriate imaging
equipment, independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative.
Technologists must demonstrate good clinical skills and provide the
best possible images for interpretation. Always follows Beaumont
philosophy of Patient and Family Centered Care. ESSENTIAL
- Performs quality Mammography exams after verification of
patient identification, physician order and correct exam charge in
- Demonstrates ability to proficiently operate Mammography
- Obtain the highest quality images by using the appropriate
techniques for patient positioning for screening, tomography, and
diagnostic exams, and invasive mammography procedures.
- Monitors patients during procedures to ensure patient
- Maintains and pursues professional development per ARRT
- Knowledge with hospital computer site software systems for
charging, viewing schedules and PACS for sending information both
accurately and efficiently.
- Effectively communicates on an inter/intra - departmental level
with administrative, medical staff, and peers.
- Clean and restock exam rooms, storerooms, and monitor
department cleanliness. This document represents the major duties,
responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended
to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be
understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform
job-related duties beyond those explicitly described. STANDARD
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education / Training: --- Graduate of Joint Review Committee on
Education in Radiologic Technology (JRCERT) Accredited Radiography
- Work Experience :
- 1-3 Years' experience beyond staff radiographer level
- Certification, Licensure, Registration :
- Certification by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT); Additional Mammography (ARRT)(M) certification required
within 1 year of hire.
- Other Qualifications :
- Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers at
hire through the American Heart Association and /or the American
Red Cross. BENEFITS Beaumont offers a comprehensive benefits
package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling Our
employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and
services Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug
insurance plans Relocation assistance Generous retirement savings,
disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and
auto insurance NEW On-demand pay program -Powered by Payactiv
- Physical Effort :
- Position requires ability to frequently push/pull up to 30 lb.
objects with assistance of others; occasionally requires ability to
lift objects more than 50 lbs. with assistance; and frequently lift
up-to 40 lbs.
- Position requires employee to constantly perform simple motor
skills such as standing, walking and simple manipulative skills
such as writing. Position requires employee to frequently perform
moderately difficult manipulative skills such as positioning
- Position requires employee to constantly perform gross body
coordination. Frequently perform tasks which require hand-eye
coordination such as collecting of specimens for transport to lab
and tasks which require arm-hand steadiness.
- Position requires employee to constantly walk and stand;
occasionally sit for prolonged periods; frequently bending such as
when caring for a patient in bed.
- Position requires employee to constantly see objects far away
as in driving and see close objects such as reading
- Position requires employee to constantly be able to hear normal
sounds with some background noise as in answering phone/intercom.
Be able to distinguish sound as in equipment alarms.
- Work Environment :
- Employee may be frequently exposed to ionizing radiation.
Potentially exposed to hazardous material such as blood, body
tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous
materials, bodily injuries, loud and or unpleasant noises: seldom
exposed to, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous
substances; fluctuations in temperature, grease, and oil. ABOUT
BEAUMONT Beaumont offers you a world of opportunity throughout
Southeast Michigan. With eight hospitals and 155 outpatient sites
you'll have a wide variety of practice settings to choose from.
Beaumont has more nationally ranked hospitals in Michigan than any
other health system. Beaumont Health grants equal employment
opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color,
national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, genetic
information, marital status, height, weight, .
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Ann Arbor , Mammography Technologist, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...