Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Opportunity
Company: Trinity Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Trinity Health IHA Medical Group has an excellent full-time
employment opportunity for a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner to join a
multi-specialty group located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.The selected
Neonatal Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for providing the
assessment, evaluation, and treatment of neonates under the
supervision of attending pediatricians at Trinity Health Ann
Arbor.Additional Job Functions include, but are not limited to the
- Function as the mid-level provider for newborn patients
- Assessing, planning, and evaluating medical care under the
direction of the attending pediatrician.
- Reporting accurately and concisely to attending pediatrician
and in problem oriented documentation.
- Ordering and interpreting laboratory data and plain x-ray film
- Writing appropriate orders for medications, IV therapy,
parental nutrition, blood products and for admissions, transfers,
- Attend high-risk deliveries, resuscitate, and stabilize
- Independently going on transports to other hospital systems to
transfer newborns to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St.
Joseph Mercy Hospital or transferring newborns to another NICU due
to need for surgical or other services.
- Attend and provide newborn care, resuscitation and
stabilization for all deliveries as required.
- Provide consultation to administrative, nursing, and medical
- Direct and/or participate in the ongoing competency assessment
program for maintenance of advanced neonatal knowledge and skills
of nursing staff.
- Direct and/or participate in nursing education and ongoing
- Submits appropriate billing in a timely manner.
- Initiate and pursue self-development activities through
readings, lectures and formal educational programs.
- Participate as appropriate in quality improvement and the
formulation, revision and implementation of policies and procedures
in Family Birthing Center (consisting of the Neonatal Intensive
Care Unit, Labor and Delivery Unit and Mother/Baby Unit) as
appropriate.Other functions and responsibilities include:
- Acts as role model and a resource for peers, physicians, and
- Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships.
Approaches conflict in a constructive manner. Helps to identify
problems, offer solutions, and participates in their
- Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired
pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to Saint
Joseph Mercy Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan and St. Mary
Mercy Hospital in Livonia, Michigan. Discusses patient and hospital
information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately
- Assumes responsibility for performance of job duties in the
safest possible manner, to assure personal safety and that of
coworkers, and to report all preventable hazards and unsafe
practices immediately to management.
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System in Ann Arbor, Michigan and St.
Mary Mercy Hospital in Livonia, Michigan
- Provides quality patient care by considering the age specific,
development and cultural needs through competent clinical practice.
Demonstrates unit/area competencies.Minimum required
- Successful completion of an accredited NNP program
- NNP Certification
- State of Michigan License
- Experience in a NICU for a minimum of two years
- BLS Certification
- NRP Certification
- Clinical knowledge, current clinical competences, and
analytical abilities necessary to formulate nursing and medical
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with
patients, families, physicians, other health care personnel, and
visitorsThis is an exciting opportunity for the right Nurse
Practitioner to be part of a large multi-specialty
group.RECRUITMENT PACKAGEAn excellent compensation and benefits
package is available for the right candidate including:
- Competitive base rate and compensation plan
- Sign-on bonus negotiable
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits; 403b, 457
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Profession Malpractice Coverage with Tail CoverageABOUT THE
FACILITY Trinity Health IHA Medical Group is one of the best and
largest multi-specialty groups in Michigan. IHA employs more than
1,600 staff members, which includes more than 800 providers
consisting of: physicians, nurse practitioners, physician
assistants and midwives in approximately 70 practice locations
across southeast Michigan, including 36 Specialties. IHA provides
high-quality medical care and excellent service to nearly 485,000
active patients.Recognized as Metro Detroit's Top Physician Group
by Consumer Reports magazine, Trinity Health IHA Medical Group also
ranks in the top quartile for patient satisfaction nationally.
Offering extended office hours and urgent care services, along with
online patient diagnosis, treatment, and appointment access tools.
IHA demonstrates that it cares by bringing safe, high-quality,
comprehensive, and affordable care to its patients. For more
information about IHA, visit .Trinity Health Ann Arbor (THAA), a
member of the five hospital Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, is an
academic teaching hospital and tertiary care center. The hospital,
with 537 licensed beds, is situated on a 340-acre campus in the Ann
Arbor area. Saint Joseph Mercy Health System is a member of Trinity
Health, one of the largest Catholic health care organizations in
the United States. Trinity Health is based in Livonia,
Michigan.Trinity Health Ann Arbor provides medical residency
training programs in Internal Medicine, Transitional Year, General
Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Emergency Medicine as well as
fellowship programs in Colon and Rectal Surgery, Hospice and
Palliative Care, Infectious Disease and Surgical Critical Care.For
more information about Trinity Health Ann Arbor visit COMMUNITY
DESCRIPTIONAnn Arbor, Michigan offers a bustling downtown and a
charming tree-lined neighborhood making it a safe and ideal place
to live, learn, work, and raise a family. More than 114,000
residents live within the City's 28 square miles and Ann Arbor is a
hub for excellence in education, boasting five colleges and
universities. The City's acclaimed public school system has adapted
a comprehensive academic achievement plan to help ensure all
students are successful.Ann Arbor regularly receives national
attention as one of the best places to live in the United
States.For more information on Ann Arbor visit . ABOUT TRINITY
HEALTHTrinity Health is one of the largest multi-institutional
Catholic health care delivery systems in the nation. We serve
people and communities in 22 states from coast to coast with more
than 90 hospitals and 100 continuing care facilities - including
home care, hospice, PACE and senior living facilities and programs
that provide nearly two and a half million visits annually. Trinity
Health employs more than 133,000 colleagues, including 7,800
employed physicians and clinicians.
Keywords: Trinity Health, Ann Arbor , Neonatal Nurse Practitioner Opportunity, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!