Dermatology - Academic Opportunity
Company: Trinity Health
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 18, 2023
St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor has an excellent full time employment
opportunity for a Dermatology physician to join the faculty at St.
Joseph Mercy located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.The selected Academic
Dermatology physician will participate in providing instruction and
supervision to Dermatology and Internal Medicine Residents in
clinic, providing clinical care to patients without residents as
well as taking on the role as the Resident Research Manager.The
schedule for this opportunity is flexible but will include 0.4 FTE
supervising and instructing Dermatology Residents in clinic, 0.1
FTE supervising and Instructing Internal Medicine Residents in
clinic on basic Dermatology procedures, 0.1 FTE acting as Residency
Research Manager and 0.4 FTE of direct patient care without
Residents.Qualified Candidates will possess the requisite specialty
expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities,
as well as documented educational and administrative abilities and
experience in their field. They will be certified by the ABMS, or
possess qualifications judged to be acceptable by the Graduate
Medical Education Committee, be appointed in good standing to the
medical staff and will possess an unrestricted license to practice
medicine in the State of Michigan.As part of the Teaching Faculty
the selected provider will:
- Provide instruction and supervision of assigned residents, as
appropriate to meet the educational objectives of the residency
- Participate in the evaluation of the educational and clinical
performance of residents using the forms and methods provided by
the Program Director.
- Participate in the evaluation and improvement of the
educational curriculum in cooperation with the Program
- Participate in faculty development activities, including
continuing medical education, as appropriate to maintain and
improve teaching abilities.
- Maintain a learning environment characterized by inquiry and
scholarship, including active participation in conferences,
research, and formal teaching activities of the program.
- Cooperate with the Program Director in maintaining compliance
with policies and procedures governing resident education, such as
the limits on resident work hours and patient assignments.
- Advise the Program Director and the Site Medical Director on
resource needs of the program, such as equipment and educational
- Provide clinical care to patients (without residents), as
requested by the Program Director and Site Medical Director, to
best fit the needs of the residency program.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Director, faculty,
residents, and staff of the program and clinics to provide high
quality care, excellent customer service, and efficient delivery of
care to patients in the clinic.
- Work collaboratively with clinic staff to achieve the business
objectives of the clinic, including completion of accurate
information required for billing in a timely manner.As the
Residency Research Manager the selected candidate will:
- Participate in and facilitate resident scholarly activity in
the Department and set goal of at least one meaningful resident
scholarly project per graduating resident, including research and
quality improvement projects.
- Assist residents in practical design, analysis, editing, and
- Facilitate and assist departmental faculty research involving
residents, including select members from subspecialties.
- Develop, organize, and lead a regular program-level scholarly
activity discussion, which will provide regular oversight for all
research done through the Department involving residents.
- Work collaboratively with the SJMH Institutional Review Board
- Actively participate on the Institutional Research Committee,
representing the appropriate Department.
- Work in conjunction with the Academic Research Department, for
data and statistical assistance. Accompany and mentor residents
when meeting with members of the Research Department.
RECRUITMENT PACKAGEAn excellent compensation and benefits package
is available for the right candidate.
Keywords: Trinity Health, Ann Arbor , Dermatology - Academic Opportunity, Healthcare , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!