Supervisor, Operations (2nd Shift)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 15, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Supervisor, Operations, 2nd Shift, is responsible for the
Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost of multiple work teams. The
group lead will supervise Team Leaders in their daily
responsibilities, as well as spend a large part of their time using
problem solving techniques to solve everyday issues on the
The Supervisor, Operations, 2nd Shift, reports to the Manager,
Operations, in the Operations group.
DET - Shift 2 (10%) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Monitor the quality, quantity, cost and efficiency of the work
teams. Responsible for all metrics of their leadership areas, and
develop countermeasures for issues.
- Responsible for counseling of employees and other personnel and
- Allocates and manages staff resources to meet changing
- Analyzes data to monitor performance and plan improvements and
- Manages the efficient utilization of space and mechanical
material handling equipment, ensuring safety, quality and
- Sets objectives, plans improvement projects, researches and
recommends new production strategies
- Works with customer service to plan future capacity
requirements and schedules.
- Motivates, organizes, and encourages teamwork within the work
force to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
- Works through Plant Manager to anticipate, communicate, and
prevent financial problems related to the essential duties.
- Updates and improves job knowledge by participating in
educational and training opportunities, Kaizen events, and other
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following
standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Lead and develop team members following the One Orchid global
talent management approach to select, manage, and develop our best
team. Ensure the growth of our positive business culture through
behaviors that align with our core values and leadership
- Ensure team members have the required knowledge and skills
prior to performing job duties independently, including conducting,
documenting and evaluating training effectiveness.
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
3+ Years of experience leading people (Preferred), 5+ years of
experience in medical and orthopedic product development within an
ISO13485 compliant design control system (Preferred)
Some College/University, , , High School Or Equivalent Required
None - N/A
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Computer Knowledge (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Quality Management (Working Experience), Time
management (Extensive Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Requires stooping, standing, kneeling, up to 40 pounds of force
to move, push and pull and/or lift objects.
- Requires frequent and repetitive bending, stretching, stooping,
scooping and circular arm and hand motions.
- Requires standing and/or walking one-third to one-half of the
- Requires manual dexterity, using hands to finger, to handle or
feel two-thirds or more of the time.
- Requires reaching with hands and arms two-thirds or more of the
- Requires close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to focus.
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Ann Arbor , Supervisor, Operations (2nd Shift), Hospitality & Tourism , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!