Company: YMCA of Greater Toledo
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionPosition: Housekeeping ManagerBranch: YMCA Storer
CampsPosition Type: Full TimePay Rate: $36,000 (plus housing and
meals while camp is in session) Be a difference maker, with the
YMCA Storer Camps, the overnight camp of the YMCA of Greater
Toledo. YMCA Storer Camps is located near Jackson, MI on 1200 acres
surrounding Stony Lake.Storer is a Cause Driven community of
collaborative, bold, fun, dedicated individuals, whose passion is
the many children, youth and guests that we guide, teach, and
provide incredible experiences in an outdoor environment. At camp,
you'll find a dynamic environment and culture that is open,
friendly, welcoming, and collaborative. Are you ready to be an
inspiring, innovative force that prepares people for success? Their
future begins now. And so does yours.Regardless of your role with
us, you'll find so many things to love when you become part of our
team. There's our fun, challenging work environment. There's the
awesome team and supportive organization. You'll find that everyone
at YMCA Storer Camps has the same goal: to prepare people for
success and inspire them to be lifelong learners. Flexible,
Creative, Fun, Nurturing, Positive, Inclusive...we're not just
saying it. You'll find these things being demonstrated here, every
day.GENERAL FUNCTION:The Housekeeping Manager must be committed to
the mission of the YMCA and be able to implement this mission
through positive guest experiences related to the cleanliness of
our facilities. The Housekeeping Manager will ensure a clean, safe
and functional camp setting for all guests and staff and in
addition act as a liaison person for community partnerships with
schools or groups that bring us staff/trainees. The Housekeeping
Manager will welcome guests during the summer season at check in
day. During the summer season the Program Manager has program
responsibilities in the SPGR or Resident Camp Departments.KNOW
HOW:The Housekeeping Manager must have experience in scheduling,
hiring, monitoring budgets and being part of a staff team. He/she
must have excellent communication and organizational skills,
confidence and willingness to interact in a positive and
motivational manner with peers and guests. He/she must be flexible,
patient and have strong initiative. He/she must be a
service-oriented problem solver. Must have a valid driver's license
and YMCA Storer Camps driver. In addition, all cleaning staff shall
have a basic knowledge of floor care and cleaning procedures. Must
possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with (or
without) supervision.JOB SEGMENTS
- Meet regularly with designated Director to share updates,
information and plan for upcoming groups.
- Schedule, plan and coordinate employees for proper camp
- Work around our guests' schedule whenever possible to ensure
- Function as part of a staff team.
- Responsible for general facility and equipment up keep on a
daily basis. Maintain the center facility for safety and
- Communicate consistently with the Program Directors.
- Assist the Directors during end of season center shut downs in
organization and storage of program materials.
- Effectively communicate the mission and goals of YMCA to
- Function as part of the entire Association. Participate in all
program areas of Storer Camps or any other activities of the
Association if necessary.
- Actively participate in the Annual YMCA Annual Campaign.
- Supervise and evaluate staff.
- Facilitate staff scheduling and wrap up meetings.
- Assist in planning and delivery of large events, conferences
and preview days.
- Offer input to Directors concerning decisions affecting the
Program Instructor and Summer Staff community.
- Serve all guests by overall center management of
OEE/SPGR/Summer Program and property.
- Consistent and high-quality customer service given to all
schools, user groups, parents, administrators, cabin leaders, and
- Abides within the Personnel Policies of the YMCA Storer
Camps.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee will be required to plan, lead
and participate in program activities in a variety of indoor and
outdoor settings. The employee frequently is required to sit and
reach, and must be able to move around the work environment. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate.CAUSE-DRIVEN
ORGANIZATIONThere has never been a better time to join the YMCA of
Greater Toledo! Our employees enjoy a diverse and inclusive
environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact
our communities through: helping kids succeed in school, helping
people improve health and well-being, and bringing people together.
If you are interested and have the skills and desire to make a
difference, please continue by completing the application. Thank
you for your interest in our Y!Why Work At The Y?Future employers
respect the YWhen future employers see the Y on your resume, they
think of an organization with global ties that has been around for
more than 100 years. We have a reputation for hiring good people
who do great things.
- Every day is something newWhenever you work or wherever you
work, every day is a new adventure. One moment you'll be helping
kids with homework and the next you'll be leading a big art project
or games outside.
- Free Y membershipWhen you work for the Y, we offer you all the
perks of being a Y member including access to all branches and
discounts on classes, child care, and camp.
- The job is designed with your schedule in mindPart-time and
full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for
- The best coworkers everEveryone that works at the Y shares a
passion for making their communities a better place, especially for
kids. Don't be surprised if you leave your Y with great
professional experience and new friends.Along with competitive pay,
the YMCA Storer Camps/YMCA of Greater Toledo offers exceptional
benefits which include the following:
- Complimentary YMCA membership for all employees. Full time
employees will receive a complimentary YMCA membership for their
- A rewarding career with professional growth and advancement
- A challenging and fun work environment with creative and
- Full time employees are eligible to receive quality health
insurance (medical, dental and vision) with affordable
- Full time employees also receive (at no cost to them) Long Term
Disability and Life Insurance coverage.
- All employees are eligible to participate in the YMCA's
excellent retirement fund. The YMCA Storer Camps/YMCA of Greater
Toledo is a drug free workplace and is committed to a policy of
Equal Opportunity prohibiting discrimination in employment because
of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual
orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Toledo, Ann Arbor , Housekeeping Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!