Lead Cook - FT- $6,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Brio Living Services
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Lead Cook (Float)
Dining Services Department
Chelsea Retirement Community
$6,000 sign on bonus, must apply by 10/31/22
Schedule: Hours will include every other weekend & holiday
Status: Full-time (30-40 hours per week)
The Team Members of Brio Living Services provide a unique and
personal experience to each of our residents, while focusing on
quality treatment and comfort.
Join our team of compassionate and skilled staff and love your
A Few of the Brio Living Services Benefits:
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance options for staff that are
regularly scheduled a minimum of 30hours/week
- Generous Vacation & Sick Time, Paid Birthday and Holidays
- DAILYPAY - immediate access to your pay from hours worked the
- Retirement Savings Plan Opportunity
- Team Member Referral bonus program
- Attendance and Longevity Bonus
- Wellness Reimbursement and Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement and Scholarship program (Growth
- Annual Increases DailyPay-Work Today, Get Paid Tomorrow!
Job Summary:The primary responsibilities of the Lead Cook are meal
service, prepare made from scratch meals based on planned menus and
dietary restrictions, in accordance with current applicable
federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations,
with our established policies and procedures, and as may be
directed by the Chef Manager and/or Director of Dining Services, to
assure that quality food & customer service are provided at all
times.Assure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe
manner by operating, cleaning, and maintaining cooking equipment
according to safety and sanitation regulations and established
policy and procedure.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large
- Read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family
members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions, including
reading recipes and following food safety instructions.
- Have leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously
with and supervise professional and non-professional
- Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies,
procedures, etc., of the Dietary Department.The above is a summary
of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the
only duties you will be required to perform. If selected for the
position you will receive a full job description.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a short order or scratch
kitchen cook in a restaurant, catering service, or retirement
3. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion
of a pre-employment criminal background check, professional
reference checks, TB Screen, and physical assessment at time of
hire. In addition, proof of COVID-19 vaccination or approved
exemption is required.
NOTE: The rate of pay will be determined based on relevant
employment experience as a cook. Your resume should adequately
reflect all paid cook/baker experience.
4. ServSafe Certified preferred
5. Culinary certificate/degree desirable
6. Allergen Certification
- Brio Living Services is a federally funded program through CMS
and the State of Michigan. All employees are expected to adhere to
the Participant Rights.
- Brio Living Services provide equal employment opportunities
(EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.BNLNCIJ
Keywords: Brio Living Services, Ann Arbor , Lead Cook - FT- $6,000 Sign on Bonus, Hospitality & Tourism , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!