Company: Sur La Table
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 22, 2022
With over 50 stores and the largest avocational cooking program
in the US, Sur La Table offers an unsurpassed selection of
exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table - and
the culinary expertise and inspiration to go along with it. Whether
the job entails interacting with our customers, driving digital
growth, or providing vital behind-the-scenes support, we're all
here for the same reason - to roll up our sleeves and create
happiness through cooking and sharing good food.
The Floor Lead contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store
by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey.
This role supports a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM) in
the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations
as a Manger on Duty (MOD). The Floor Lead reports to a General
Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Contribute to an environment where employees are informed and
capable by supporting training for all employees.
- Model and hold employees accountable to customer service
- Model and ensure all Sur La Table policies and standard
operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to
employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Provide coaching in the moment and performance feedback to
employees and communicate performance issues directly to the
General Manager or Store Manager.
- Support sales driving initiatives and create daily
- Direct employees to ensure appropriate merchandise stock
levels, merchandise presentations, and ensure selling floor is
adequately stocked according to visual standards.
- Stay informed by maintaining product knowledge, accessing
available training and seeking out additional resources when
- Ensure timekeeping practices are in place and consistently
followed according to SLT Policy.
- Complete and carry out inventory transactions including but not
limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Ring employee
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills
with employees, customers, field management and corporate
- Accurately record time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with
employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing
employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from
storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and
crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and
customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards,
merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience. Prior
experience as a Sur La Table Sales Associate, preferred.
- 1 Year Of Retail Supervisory Experience, Preferred.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge,
experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and
This job description represents a summary of the job, not an
exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job
responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and
duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be part of the job.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Sur La Table has the exclusive right to alter this job description
at any time without notice. CSC Generation Holdings family of
brands is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified
individuals. As part of this commitment, CSC Generation will ensure
that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please
Keywords: Sur La Table, Ann Arbor , Floor Lead, Hospitality & Tourism , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!