Senior Java Developer
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 24, 2021
At Geonexus our mission is to ensure the integrity of enterprise
data by providing a continually supported, easy-to-use, proven
platform for system integration. We provide the Geonexus
Integration Platform, an enterprise-grade solution that includes
out-of-the-box connectors for Esri-- ArcGIS--, IBM-- Maximo, SAP--,
ABB-- Ellipse, Oracle-- Utilities, and other leading enterprise
systems. Our software is used by asset-intensive organizations
across the globe in industries including utilities,
telecommunications, pipeline, transportation, and government.
Geonexus is a software company with a start-up culture located in
Ann Arbor Michigan.
If you are an experienced Java Developer with a passion for
building innovative tools, are accountable for delivering quality
work, seek out experiences and insights of others, and value strong
relationships with colleagues and customers, we would love for you
to join our team.
As a Senior Java Developer, you will be part of a team responsible
for the design and development of the Geonexus Integration
Platform. Reporting to the VP of Product Development, you will be
working on existing products that have an established and rapidly
growing user base and new solutions to expand our reach into new
markets. You will be involved all phases of the software
development lifecycle including planning, designing, building, and
maintaining software products for clients. This is a senior and
lead position where you will help with direction of our software
development and involved in mentoring teammates in the Software
Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Design, develop, unit test, and integrate high-quality
- Provide development estimates and be accountable for meeting
agreed upon timelines and deliverables.
- Follow our process for source code control and management of
our master repository.
- Assist with QA, Build, and Release processes.
- Take ownership for assigned development tasks and functional
- Provide open and transparent collaboration with management and
peers to identify, discuss, and solve problems.
- Mentor junior developers, which may include performing code
reviews. Suggest tools, technologies, and best practices that
- Leverage experience and skills to assist in architecture,
design, and roadmap decisions.
Skills And Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or related
- 8+ years hands-on Java development experience in a commercial
software development environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a software development leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-managed proactive work style.
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Desire to engage in extremely challenging assignments.
- Strong core Java experience and Object Oriented (OO) design
- Experience with automated build processes using Jenkins.
- Java Multi-Threading Developer experience.
- Previous experience or knowledge of SQL, MySQL, Oracle, or
other relational databases (JDBC).
- Distributed source control such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience with all phases of product development lifecycle,
including requirements definition, specifications, development,
test, product release, and sustaining engineering.
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS technology stack a big plus but not
- Developing desktop applications and plug-ins using the Eclipse
4 (e4) Rich Client Platform (RCP) framework.
- Building rich client application Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Familiarity and experience building Cloud Ready applications
and integration platform as a service (iPaaS).
- Familiarity and experience with application integration using
REST and OData a plus.
Why work for Geonexus
- You can make a difference!
- We are a high-growth company where you are asked to directly
contribute to meaningful software used by the nation's largest
asset intensive organizations.
- A fun, collaborative, high-energy, driven, passionate, and
- Competitive compensation and benefits; including medical,
dental, vision, paid time off programs, and 401K which includes a
Geonexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable
federal, state or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Geonexus, Ann Arbor , Senior Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!