Power BI developer
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Don't only dream about what's next - come build it with us!
Nexient specializes in bringing a "Product Mindset" to our work,
using small, nimble teams, Agile thinking and other techniques from
product development to build great custom software people love to
use. And as America's leading 100% US, 100% Agile software services
partner, we're building it here instead of sending tech jobs
offshore. People are noticing. Our clients include some of
America's favorite brands in retail, healthcare, financial services
and more - but also some very cool product companies you may not
have heard of yet. We're recognized as a Gartner Cool Vendor, HfS
Hot Vendor and the only 100% US tech company in the World's Top 100
Outsourcers. You might have read about us in The New York Times.
Nexient combines: Silicon Valley innovation (through our Bay Area
innovation hub, and network of startups and emerging technology
partners) Scalable, Midwest delivery (with 65+ Agile teams in high
talent cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan) Onsite collaboration (with
product managers and other key roles working face-to-face with
client teams around the country) Come build with us! Roles and
- Extensive experience with reporting using Power BI
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures,
views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time,
providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Design and develop ETL processes that will transform a variety
of raw data, flat files, xl spreadsheets into SQL Databases
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and
procedures related to database management
- Experience coding complex stored procedures (using T-SQL)
- Experience with developing SSIS packages
- Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity
issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues
- Providing database support for development and deployment of
database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business
intelligence and data warehousing solutions.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis using T-SQL query language within the
database systems using a process-oriented approach.
- Understands the concept of Data marts and Data lakes and
experience with migrating legacy systems to data marts/lake.
- Uses additional cloud technologies (e.g. understands concept of
Cloud services like Azure SQL server).
- Uses SQL Server Analysis Services to enhance existing, or
develop new, OLAP cubes used in the EDW system.
- Uses Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) query language to
extract data from OLAP cubes for reporting and analytical purposes.
Company sponsored health, dental, vision insurance and flexible
spending account (FSA) for employees and their families including
domestic partners Paid Vacation Time and company holidays 401K plan
Lunch & Learn Passionate, collaborative and awesome co-workers
World class training and career mentorship Nexient is an inclusive
equal opportunity employer.--At Nexient, your uniqueness makes us
better. Your uniqueness is why you are valued, you are heard, you
add to our culture, and you belong.--Diversity--& Inclusion is hard
coded into our DNA, and at the core of everything we do. Together,
not separately, we strive to become even more diverse to help fuel
our innovation and connect us closer with the clients and
communities we serve.
Keywords: Nexient, Ann Arbor , Power BI developer, IT / Software / Systems , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!