Manager, Software Quality Assurance
Company: Altarum Institute
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Manager, Software Quality AssuranceUS-MI-Ann ArborJob ID:
PHS-LS-3772-22# Positions: 1Pos. Category:Current
OpeningOverviewAltarum is a nonprofit based in Ann Arbor, Michigan
with roots in public-sector innovation that date back to 1946.
Throughout our history, we've translated research into action,
solving challenging problems facing society. Today, we are focused
on improving the health of at-risk and disenfranchised populations
by building better systems of care and empowering all people to
make well informed health decisions. We are creators and doers. Our
solutions are holistic, enabled by technology, and intently focused
on equity, prevention, and delivering the most appropriate care.
Altarum is seeking a Manager of Software Quality Assurance to help
our Public Health Systems department. Our Public Health Systems
department work ranges from building the next generation technology
in disease surveillance to optimizing data standards and system
integrations to improve the coordination and delivery of healthcare
for patients. The Manager of Software Quality Assurance will lead
the Quality Assurance team to develop and implement standards and
measures within multiple projects. This role is responsible for
guiding the team with writing test plans, creating and executing
both functional and automated tests, and communicating the progress
to the team.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience using various testing
- Define and execute overall application testing strategy,
including feedback processes and key performance metrics to ensures
development quality is being achieved.
- Define and create overall application testing strategy and
ensures it is being achieved.
- Manage the QA teams effort which includes, but is not limited
to: creating test plans, writing test cases, performing functional
and exploratory testing, effectively communicating statuses, and
- Oversee and delegate work to QA Associates.
- Define test process for the application and responsible to
perform all aspects of testing including manual execution,
automated execution and system performance.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report
- Promote, foster and proactively implement the use of quality
assurance best practices and standards on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain efficient automated scripts that utilize
clean code and best practice coding standards.
- Manage and maintain efficiency in the automated script
execution and script development through the implementation of
automation best practices.
- Stay current with new technologies, including tools,
components, and frameworks. Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 10+ years Software engineering quality assurance testing,
- Ability to manage a team of QA engineers
- Experience in an agile development environment
- Able to communicate with the developers and analysts
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Experience with test automation frameworks and testing tools
like Protractor, Selenium, Redwood, Cucumber, TestNG, or Junit,
Sauce Labs/Browser Stack, Load Runner etc.
- Experience with SQL is preferred
- Experience with Jira, bug tracking and version control systems
- At this time we will only accept candidates who are presently
eligible to work in the United States and will not require
sponsorshipABOUT ALTARUM: Altarum Institute (Altarum) is a
nonprofit organization headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. We
improve the health of at-risk and disenfranchised populations by
building better systems of care and empowering all people to make
well informed health decisions. Public sector clients include the
U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Health and Human
Services, Department of Agriculture, Department of Veterans
Affairs, and various state agencies nationwide. Altarum also serves
clients in the philanthropic and private sectors. Areas of
expertise include military health, women's health, behavioral
health and substance use disorders, health disparities and equity,
continuing medical education and quality improvement, eldercare,
public health interoperability, and disease surveillance. In
addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an
outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition
reimbursement, 401k (3% employer contribution plus opportunity for
gainsharing), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite
you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.#LI-Remote#LI-DNPOptions Sorry the Share function is not
working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try
again later.Share on your newsfeedConnect With Us!Not ready to
apply? for general consideration.Please see job
Keywords: Altarum Institute, Ann Arbor , Manager, Software Quality Assurance, IT / Software / Systems , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!