Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infra
Company: Woven by Toyota
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota
Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent,
human-centered mobility for all. Through our Arene mobility
software platform, safety-first automated driving technology and
Toyota Woven City - our test course for advanced mobility - we're
bringing greater freedom, safety and happiness to people and
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation
and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. We leverage these
complementary strengths to amplify the capabilities of drivers,
foster happiness, and elevate well-being.
Woven by Toyota's advanced AD/ADAS development environment involves
a high demand for adoption, application migration, and operations.
The Vehicle Software Platform team is responsible for ensuring that
the infrastructure is reliable, scalable, and capable of handling
the needs of the applications over time. The team enables and
accelerates development at Woven by Toyota through the creation and
operation of core cloud-based infrastructure components, services,
and guardrails. Additionally, the team partners with teams to
leverage the resulting platform via advice, education, and
co-development of infrastructure solutions.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
For this position, we are looking for a candidate with a strong
background and experience in Terraform/IaC, as well as a solid
understanding of AWS or cloud computing. The ideal candidate should
also have a software development background. In this role, you will
be responsible for a range of typical tasks performed by a cloud
infra engineer. These include assisting the organization in
migrating their computing systems to the cloud, configuring cloud
infrastructure components such as security services and networking,
building applications and databases specifically designed for the
cloud, and monitoring data storage services and cloud management.
This position is hybrid and will report to Senior Manager located
in Palo Alto, CA
- Develop, maintain, and optimize cloud infrastructure to
accelerate automated driving, including build, test, release, and
virtual validation infrastructure.
- Provide architectural recommendations, technical expertise, and
support to engineers using the cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement Continuous
Integration pipelines, supporting data storage and compute
- Monitor and govern cloud infrastructure to increase
cost-efficiency, propose improvement solutions, and ensure high
- Maintain and upgrade infrastructure with minimal downtime,
performing performance tuning and optimization across the CI/CD
- Test and verify the infrastructure's ability to handle expected
load and recover from failures.
- Configure servers, databases, and services to run applications,
and help solve cloud networking architecture challenges.
- Mentor and support junior team members in their professional
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one cloud platform (AWS, Azure,
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Native technologies, Terraform,
Kubernetes, containers, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Proficiency in programming languages (Go, Python, C/C++, Java,
- Expertise in operating systems, including experience working in
a Unix-like environment (Linux, BSD, Solaris, or any Unix
- Expertise in operating systems, DevOps tooling, and
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automation scripting.
- Experience with authentication frameworks or providers (OAuth
2.0, OIDC, Okta, Azure AD)
- Record of building fast, simple, and robust software
frameworks, with a background in object-oriented programming and
writing reusable code.
- Ability to work effectively across multiple teams, navigate
technical ambiguity, and make informed decisions based on data.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are committed to creating a modern work environment that
supports our employees and their loved ones. We offer many options
of the best programs to allow you to do your most meaningful work
and to help you shape the future of mobility.
---Excellent health, wellness, dental and vision coverage
---A rewarding 401k program
---Flexible vacation policy
---Family planning and care benefits
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms:
---We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
---We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used
ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.
Keywords: Woven by Toyota, Ann Arbor , Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infra, IT / Software / Systems , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!