Attorney, Labor & Employment
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Attorney, Labor & Employment for an Established Full Service Law
Firm!!This Jobot Job is hosted by: Lisa MaloneyAre you a fit? Easy
Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your
resume.Salary: $175,000 - $250,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a
full service law firm with over over 160 years of experience. We
have offices in seven offices in Michigan, New York, and
Washington, D.C. and we have played a prominent role in the
development and growth of many industries and have over 8,000
geographically diverse clients that are active in national and
international markets. We work in many industries including
advertising, automotive, banking and financial services,
construction, energy, health care, insurance, manufacturing, media,
pharmaceuticals, professional services, publishing, real estate,
retail and wholesale distribution, technology, transportation, and
utilities.Why join us?We offer the following benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Health Savings Account with generous Firm Bonus
- Term Life Insurance and AD&D & Travel Accident Term Life
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care Insurance
- 401k with 3% Employer Contribution
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Unlimited Vacation
- Lawyer Flexible Practice/Reduced Schedule Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave
- Pregnancy Loss Paid Leave
- Banking & Financial Institution Relationships
- Discounted Home Office Equipment
- Work Anniversary Recognition
- Paid Parking
- Flexible Spending Program
- Associate Attorney Student Load Repayment Program
- IVF/Fertility Coverage
- Adoption AssistanceJob DetailsWe are seeking a dynamic,
self-starter to join our team as a Permanent Attorney specializing
in Labor & Employment. This role is an exciting opportunity for a
seasoned legal professional to bring their expertise and dedication
to a fast-paced, challenging environment. The successful candidate
will be an integral part of our legal team, providing comprehensive
legal advice and representation on a wide range of labor and
employment issues. The attorney will have an active role in
managing and driving multiple labor and employment cases to
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to the organization on all
labor and employment related issues.
- Handle a variety of labor and employment litigation matters,
including but not limited to wage and hour disputes, discrimination
claims, and wrongful termination lawsuits.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of employment
agreements and policies.
- Represent the organization in proceedings before federal and
state courts, as well as administrative bodies such as the Equal
Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor
Relations Board (NLRB).
- Develop and deliver training to HR and management on a variety
of labor and employment law topics.
- Stay abreast of changes in labor and employment law and advise
management on necessary policy and procedural adjustments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, ensuring
their needs are met and their interests are
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- 10+ years of experience in labor and employment law, with a
strong background in litigation.
- Active member of the Michigan Bar.
- Excellent advocacy and negotiation skills, with a proven track
record of success in labor and employment litigation.
- Portable book of business is a significant plus.
- Strong legal research and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the
ability to effectively communicate complex legal concepts to
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple
cases with varying levels of complexity.
- Ability to work independently, but also collaboratively, as
part of a team.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Ann Arbor , Attorney, Labor & Employment, Legal , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!